Search

SoBe Stay

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9th, 2005, 07:31 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SoBe Stay

I am going back to South Beach in October. We have stayed at the Essex House and also one of the Boutique Hotels. I am interested in opinions on where is one of the nicest places to stay for a long weekend.

It will be my girlfriends 30th birthday and am looking for a nice place which is central to many things. Dinner, dancing shopping etc. I rented a car prior, once before, and should have just handed Hertz the money since I did not use the car. So walking distance would be nice.

I was thinking of Hotel Nash, The National, The Tides. But have recently heard negatives.

Any thoughts? Thanks so much.

J
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 08:03 AM
GoTravel

Well The Tides is a close to a perfect hotel that I've ever stayed in so I'd love to know the negatives there beside the cost.

I'm guessing cost isn't an issue?

Hip hotels: The Tides, The Delano, The Shore Club, The Victor, The Ritz-Carlton.

Best location: The Delano, The Ritz-Carlton, The Tides.

All of the above are in walking distance as South Beach is only 20 blocks long and four or five blocks wide.

Good clubs: Mansion, Sky Bar, Rok Bar.

Old Aug 9th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Original Poster

Thank you much.

My understanding was that The Tides, was converting into condos and the service was falling off.

I have eaten there and it was one of the best dinner dates I ever had with the lady.

So that may still be an option then. Good to know. Thank you.
Old Aug 9th, 2005, 08:15 AM
GoTravel

The Tides, not that I am aware of, is not being converted but I can find out.

Rooms in off season at The Tides start around $400 per night.

Old Aug 9th, 2005, 09:36 AM

I'd vote for the Raliegh, which just two doors down from the Delano. I think some folks have had mixed reviews on this chichi hotel before it's renovations but we've found it to be excellent. Location's perfect, close to Lincoln and it's right on the beach. Accomodations are superb. They are hip and extremely comfortable. The pool is sublime.

GoTravel mentioned Hotel Victor. We had dinner there. While it is beyond nice and very new, it's small and I would guess a major tussle would go on to grab a chaise by the pool. Postage stamp size pool with big shade to contend with. I would put on your list for dinner and drinks.