Search

Smugglers Notch VT

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27th, 2018, 08:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smugglers Notch VT

We are considering a stay at Smugglers Notch for a ski trip. Looking for recommendations for off resort restaurants nearby. We will be traveling with children. Are there taxis / uber to take us off property if we don’t want to worry about driving? Thanks!
Old Oct 27th, 2018, 09:28 PM

Did you ask the resort? I think they’d know best.
Old Oct 29th, 2018, 10:15 AM

You are going to Smugglers Notch without a car? I'm just surprised, that place isn't that easy to get to anyway, Stowe is easier. I personally would never do that, not sure how you plan to get there or leave. Are you flying into Burlington?

Smugglers Notch is not where I'd plan to stay if you want to go out to dinner elsewhere. At least at Stowe, if you stay in Stowe or nearby, there are some places you can get to easily enough. I stayed in Waterbury last year when skiing at Stowe and that worked out real well, restaurants nearby and an easy drive to the airport and not far at all to Stowe, and cheaper hotels than Stowe proper, but even in Stowe there are a few restaurants you can easily drive to. But Smugglers Notch is just a ski resort and the road south is even closed in winter (you can't get to Stowe).

The closest town to Smuggs is Jeffersonville, maybe five miles away, and there isn't any restaurant there worth going to but probably cheaper than the resort restaurants (maybe, I don't know). I just don't see the point, but there is the VT Tavern there and another place.
Village Tavern
https://158main.com/
The Family Table Restaurant | Family Dining | Jeffersonville, Vermont

I wouldn't stay there if you want to go elsewhere for dinner, and don't want to drive yourself but want someone else to drive you. But I agree you need to ask the resort about whether anybody is going to be driving you around up there easily on call (like Uber). I seriously doubt it because they aren't going to make any money at that unless they can easily get a fare to go back where they came from. I sure wouldn't plan a night out depending on that. AS for taxis, I don't know.