Reload this Page >

Smoking in New Orleans Jazz Clubs

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:14 PM
Lynn

Please don't bash me on the no smoking issue but I'm unaware of the smoking laws in LA. I would enjoy an evening of jazz but am concerned about a smokey atmoshpere. I'm from California and am used to smoke free venues. Any suggestions for a non-drinker (don't mind a club just sipping soda) and non-smoker for some evening entertainment?

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:22 PM
CAGIRL

Hey fellow Californian. Ive been to New Orleans several times and can tell you that there are no smoking laws. Some Guest Houses have no smoking, but clubs will have smoking and drinking. I do know for a fact that Preservation Hall does not sell Alcohol. I will be taking my teen there to listen to jazz because of this fact. You can find families there in the early evening...say 8:00-9:00.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 02:33 PM
J Correa

I'm a Californian too and a non-smoker, so I'm not used to being around a lot of smoke either. We spent a week in NO last May and I never really noticed much smoke. Maybe there wasn't much of it or I was having too good of a time to pay attention. Who knows, but it didn't seem to be a problem.

Old Sep 1st, 2002, 05:41 PM
x

However, jazz clubs in New Orleans (all clubs, for that matter) tend to be very smoky. Most of the clubs are dark and a little seedy but the music is usually good and the drinks flow.
Snug Harbor tends to be a little nicer; perhaps they have better air circulation.

Old Jul 25th, 2009, 07:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Orleans is a living breathing organism with it's own life styles and priorities., and always has been. Please don't ask us to change it for your sake. It is not and will never aspire to be California!