ski rental in Frisco CO

Search

ski rental in Frisco CO

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25th, 2010, 07:38 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ski rental in Frisco CO

My family will be staying in Frisco Colorado over Spring Break this year and skiing in the resorts in the area. I like to rent skis and boots from a local ski store instead of at the mountain. Can anyone recommend a ski rental store in Frisco and explain why you like a particular store?

We're a family of five with 2 adult intermediate skiers and 3 children beginner skiers.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 07:48 AM

I don't know if fodors.com has enough skiers to respond to your specific question. I'm a skier but haven't rented skis in Frisco. I have seen several rental shops there. If you don't get a response here, go to epicski.com. Lots of local ski bums on that site who can help you.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 09:08 AM

I am familiar with Summit County skiing, including Frisco. There are many ski shops in each town in the area, and renting in any of the towns is cheaper than at the mountian. Overall, I recommend Virgin Islands ski rental which is in Dillon. Check out their website. They're probably the largest ski shop in the area, and seem to have the best rental rates. Otherwise, if your sent on Frisco alone, there's Antlers which should offer good rates, or you can also have a look at this website of local Frisco ski rentals. http://www.summitactivities.com/summ.../ski_shops.php
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 09:54 AM
Original Poster

Thanks padams - I went over and took a look around. It looks like the consensus place to rent from is Precision Ski, however it is also the most expensive (I guess you do get what you pay for).
However their recommendations are based on what I would call more expert skiers. I only ski once a year, so I can't tell the difference between skis. I'm just looking for a good, quality shop that won't rip me off.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 10:10 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info swdke - Have you heard any good or bad about Christy's?
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 10:27 AM

We rent from whoever bought Gart Brothers in Dillon, next to King Soopers in the big shopping center. Easy to drop them off when finished. HUGE sporting goods store.
Old Jan 25th, 2010, 07:25 PM

Got to remember that most if not all local skiers don't rent so we have no experience with rental shops in the area. Second, I don't think any of the shops will rip you off. Second, you just need decent recreational ski equipment. You don't need high end or demo skis. All of the shops can handle that without any serious problems. The only good reason for renting at the base is that if you have any problems, it is easy to get the problem solved rather than coming back to Frisco. Precision Ski is kind of a high end shop so it does not surprise me that they are more expensive. Sports Authority bought Garts.

Christy is a good shop. We have bought a lot of ski gear from them over the years. You could also rent in Denver on your way through from the airport.
Old Jan 26th, 2010, 03:40 AM

Thanks for the name, fmpden. We have done Christy also--and Sports Authority. We all had our equipment years ago, but now with the extra charges for luggage, it is easier to rent! Remember the days of 3 free checked bags per skier?!!!
Old Feb 6th, 2010, 08:16 AM

We have rented from the Breeze Ski Rentals in Downieville.. Just of off I-70 exit 245 I think..Reasonable.. easy on-off
access to the highway..
Old May 18th, 2011, 02:14 PM

I have lived in Frisco the past two years, and can say hands down the best place to rent is the Breeze (skirentals.com) in Frisco. The staff is incredibly friendly, and the cost of rentals is much cheaper than at the resorts. They usually win the Best of Summit County award for ski shops.
Old May 18th, 2011, 03:58 PM

Jeremy -- check the date -- since this was a January posting and were here over Spring break. I am guessing they have all ready rented.
Old May 18th, 2011, 04:02 PM

Especially since their trip was last year!
Old May 19th, 2011, 09:06 AM

I think that was Jeremy first posting. Just eager to say something. But my question is how do people find postings that old to respond to.