Site to see Airplane seats?

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:09 PM
Kelly

Site to see Airplane seats?

I'm over at American airlines's site (aa.com) have logged on, signed in and nowhere, other than first page does it say: see seats. anyone know exactly WHERE online I can find airline seat maps please? I'd like to know where I was seated and what exactly is an "Air Bus." I have rec'd no satisfactory response from telephone reps or supervisors. Need to see my seat. Thank you.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:29 PM
Brian in Atlanta

Go to www.itn.com, act like you're buying a ticket for the flight you're on and before you actually buy it, you'll see an option to "Choose your seats". That will bring up your flight's seat map.

Airbus is a plane made in Europe by a multinational corporation. It's Boeing's major (only) competitor. Nice planes.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:31 PM
John

Airbus is a manufacturer, just like Boeing. Airbus aircraft are generally pretty similar to those of Boeing.

Each airline configures its own plane's seats, so unless you find the seat maps at AA's web site a map will be of no use to you! A Boeing 767 on Delta doesn't necessarily have the same configuration as the same-model 767 on American or South African, for instance!

Why do you NEED to see your seat? Just curious...

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:34 PM
Nic

Hi Kelly,
I've just had a look at aa.com. You can find the information you are looking for by doing this:

Click on PROGRAMS AND SERVICES(on the top bar)
In box click, AIRPORT & FLEET INFORMATION.
Select FLEET INFORMATION.
Select AIRBUS A300.
There is some info shown and also a heading SEATING CHARTS, where you can select which aircraft you will be flying on.

I hope this helps, I have to admit I always like to know where I might be sitting too.
Then select Fleet

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:35 PM
xx

An Airbus can be 3 types:A330 is seats AB CDEF GH,2..4..2 A320 is seats ABC DEF or 3 and 3..A319 is ABC DEF seats 3 and 3....that is coach class...

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 01:39 PM
Nic

'Then select Fleet' ignore this it was a mistake.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 03:33 PM
Penny

American Airlines aa.com can be confusing-after you log in go to travel planning-they will ask you to log in again-again go to travel planning and select view seat.,that only works if you know your flight number. Its a little mixed up-you log in and log in. You will figure it out just take your time.You just go alittle nuts but its a good site for their flights.

Old Sep 14th, 2000, 04:06 PM
tweedy

A specific seat is pretty much of a guessing game. Planes can be changed as needed by the airline, so even if you are told that it will be a specific type of plane, that could easliy be changed by the time you are ready to travel, so when you book your reservations, through the airline or a travel agent, seats can not absolutely be guaranteed, especially if you are booing well in advance.

I really would not worry about a specific seat.

tweedy

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 05:19 AM
Kelly

I like to know the seat I'm sitting in. Thanks for all the suggestions. You are right about AA.com being like a maze. I logged on about a million times and there was never any link under Travel Planning for choose a seat. LOL It's amazing. Why would they make it so difficult. Geez. LOL

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 11:27 AM
Diane

I really hope people don't jump on me for "promoting" but I've made my last couple of reservations and trip arrangements through biztravel.com. When you purchase the ticket, you go straight to the screen that gives you a plan of the plane, showing what seats are available for you to choose from. If for some reason you don't get the seat you've reserved, you get $25. I'll have to let you know how the potential rebate on delayed flights works after I get back from my first flight with them! Upside, I get to fly on my frequent flyer airline and the rates were very good (in fact, the same as on their website with the online "discount"). Downside, no 1000 mile bonus for booking through the airline web. I'll be happy if it's a non-eventful experience. I probably won't be half as frustrated if I get delayed for an hour or more, knowing that if I notify them within 24 hours, I'll get $100 back.

Back to topic: I really did like the "pick your seat" option. I don't know why all the airlines don't provide the same option on their web sites...I believe some do.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 11:45 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Delta does now, and it's great.

The next great leap will be when you can check frequent flyer award ticket availability online. Can't wait for that one.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 12:44 PM
lisa

Diane -- USAirways' website also shows you the layout of the plane, which seats are available, and allows you to select the seat you want -- I love this feature too (plus you get the 1000-mile bonus for buying on-line). I've done this many times and have always received the seats I requested.

Old Sep 15th, 2000, 03:29 PM
Louis

On www.aa.com go to Travel Planning. Then scan on it down to Electronic Timetable and download it to your computer. In their you will find the seat configuration of every one of their planes and a wealth of other information.