Search

Singles Scene in Broward County, Fla

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27th, 2003, 01:13 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singles Scene in Broward County, Fla

Hi:
I am a New York male (straight). I've been giving serious consideration to making the move to South Florida (Broward County area) as I do like the mostly warm climate and lifestyle. However, I was wondering what the single scene for the 25-45 age bracket is like down there (as compared to NY) Is is easy for single guys to meet women there? How is the Bar Scene? How about other ways to meet down there? Any activity clubs? common-interest clubs? singles organizations? etc....
Also, which areas in Broward are best to live with more young people (not just seniors)? And which areas are best for alot of activity without having to drive large distances (that a NY'er would enjoy)...
Thanking all in advance for your feedback and suggestions......
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 02:17 PM

Craig-Not to be rude or anything, but how many times have you asked this question here? I recall at least 3 other threads that you posted. You received plenty of advice on those threads. Do a text search and pull them back up.

Perhaps, if you are that unsure of moving down there you should stay where you are.
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 02:46 PM
Original Poster

Perhaps someone else had posted this question, but I did not! Anyway, I can't locate any old information on this topic, so would appreciate feedback on my questions (not just about meeting singles there, but also best areas to live as outlined in my question)......And please, no nasty or rude posts....just good, concrete information...thank you!
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 06:28 PM

I didn't post the comment above, but I was wondering too how many times we'd be asked this. It is a most unusual coincidence that in the last year at least four straight young men have all done nearly the exact same post all moving from New York and all specifically asking about the 20-45 or 25-45 year age bracket. All have asked the exact same things. Mike, Robert, and another guy also named Craig all seem to be your clones!!! I think you guys should all get together in Ft. Lauderdale -- you should become good friends as you all seem to have identical interests. I'm willing to accept your statement that you have never asked this before, but, Craig, you have to admit that the coincidence is astounding!!!

In any case I see that someone has topped all those other posts. If you still have more questions, ask away.
Old Jan 27th, 2003, 07:02 PM
Original Poster

Hi Again:
I wanted to thank Buckeyemom for topping those posts. I was a little confused about how to bring up old postings on here, so appreciate that. It certainly gave me a wealth of information...so thanks again.
Well, Patrick, yes, after reading them, I could see why you and Buckeyemom might think that. To tell you the truth, I am a bit amazed at the coincidence too! Honest, I am not that Craig that posted before...Craig is a pretty common name these days.
The posts pretty much covered the ground for me...the only other question I would ask (if you happen to know the answer) are there many organizations or clubs for singles down there (you know, things like lectures, discussion groups, common activity groups that are interested in say cinema or music, etc)
Old Jan 28th, 2003, 05:13 AM

Craig-Check with the Ft. Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel newspaper on single activities. The Parks and Recreation Department of Broward County also has things for singles to do. Lastly, do a "google.com" search on Broward County or Ft. Lauderdale singles and you will find plenty of info.