Singer Island Restaurants

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My family and I will be going to Singer Island toward the end of March to stay at the Resort of Singer Island. We would like recommendations for restaurants in the area so that we don't have to eat all our meals at the hotel. Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old Feb 25th, 2008, 05:52 PM

Hi kelgrove:

I'll be down there next week with my wife - we have a timeshare at Palm Beach Shores resort, and have gone several years now. A few places I can recommend:

1. Cabana restaurant, on Clematis Street in West Palm. Really nice setting, good cuban food.

2. Panama Hatties, on the inland waterway at PGA Boulevard in North Palm Beach. Not haute cuisine by any means, but a good, relaxing waterfront place for sandwiches and seafood. Good fried grouper.

3. The Yard House in Palm Beach Gardens, off of PGA Boulevard near I-95. If you enjoy beer like I do, you should check out their website. they have something like 125 beers on draft, and good food, as well.

4. There is a mixed use retail center in West Palm Beach called City Place, which has probably about 10 restaurants, some of which are chains, but others are local. City Place also has shopping and movie theaters, so it's a good place for an evening out.

I don't know if you've been to Singer Island before, but it's pretty nice. I don't really know of any nice places to eat right on the island, though I have heard that the Sailfish Marina has a fairly nice restaurant, and it's on the waterway. There is also a hotel on the beach a few doors down from Palm Beach Shores (Best Western, I think) that has a restaurant on the roof. I don't know about the food, but it must have great views. Have a great time!
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 04:08 AM

I often stay at the Ocean Point timeshare resort by Marriott on Singer Island.

We went to Sailfish Marina several times and had pretty good meals. Order simply. We did oyster shooters a lot before dinner so my recollection might be er..a little foggy! <G>

http://www.sailfishmarina.com/

The marina is fun and you can take a water taxi from there to West Palm and also do a waterside tour of the homes of Palm Beach. If you are interested, it is fun to take a charter out for deep sea fishing from the marina.

I disagree about Panama Hatties. I thought it was ghastly. Fun bar I guess.

Johnny Longboats is about the only restaurant I would brave in Riviera Beach. It is pretty good and serves breakfast as well as other meals.
Old Feb 27th, 2008, 07:25 AM

Honoria: Where does the water taxi from Sailfish to West Palm take you - is it near Clematis Street? That would be a good way to have an evening out down there without worrying about the drive back.

So you thought Panama Hatties was ghastly, eh? Funny, that's the way I feel about Johnny Longboat's! Haven't been there for breakfast, though. To each his own, I guess.
Old Feb 28th, 2008, 04:36 AM

when were you last at these places. I was there in fall of 2007. I think Hatties is up for sale. Johnny Longboats is not much but the area is so dismal, it stands out in comparison. Talk about a slum and with the real estate crash, it will take a while for it to get rehabbed.

Do you own at Ocean Point? It's nice as timeshares go.
Old Aug 27th, 2008, 02:46 PM

I presume the trip has come and gone but here is my input for future surfers:

Panama Hatties is truly awful. The service, the food, the drinks - all awful.

The Waterway Cafe across the canal is better and has a great bar, lunch or sunset dinner.

My all time favorite is Jetties in Juno Beach, a short trip from Singer Island. Also try "the Food Shack" in Jupiter - incredible and unique but tight quarters. People wait for hours to get in on busy nights.

I also enjoy lunch and brunch at the Sailfish Marina right on Singer Island.