Reload this Page >

Singer Island, Florida

Search

Singer Island, Florida

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:55 AM
Karen

Singer Island, Florida

Going to Singer Island late November. We will be staying at the Marriott (Ocean Pointe). Can anyone recommend the best restaurants w/in a short cab ride of the Marriott (10 minutes). Also, is there a grocery store nearby?

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:26 AM
Suzanne

The Sailfish Marina is not bad - and it's right on Singer Island. As far as grocery stores - I'm not sure if there is on within walking distance. There are lots of convenience stores around.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:27 PM
Karen

Oh..Oh....That's it? Just one? (But thanks Suzanne for the one! May be there every night!)

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 05:41 PM
Paul

You are going to one of my favorite places... there will be plenty to do. I second the Sailfish Marina - although dinner is a bit expensive (enjoy their lunch or breakfast instead). The Buccaneer Restaurant is nearby too - again, a tad pricey.

There is a nearby grocery store behind the main beach house (shops, etc.). Not a large grocery, but not bad either. There is a very large Publix about 10 North, just off the island in North Palm Beach - heading toward Jupiter.

I enjoyed (of all things and all places!) the casualness of the Crab Pot restaurant (underneath the Blue Harron Bridge) and liked their delicious fried shrimp - not something I usually order either - but these were delicious!

Happy Trails... and enjoy the Marriott too!
Paul

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 08:38 AM
Bob

We own a timeshare at Ocean Pointe and do enjoy the area. The resort is actually in a residential area. The best shopping for food and essentials is in the North Palm Beach area.

Besides the Publix supermarket, there is a very good gourmet grocery store called Carmine's Gourmet Market. Its located on PGA blvd. just west of US1.

I would recommend renting a car, if not you will be taking a lot of cab rides,

Old Oct 25th, 2002, 11:15 AM
Suzanne

Definitely recommend the rental car! It will be cheaper than cabs in the long run if you plan to go out each night.