Singer Island Activities

Old Feb 13th, 2017, 10:31 AM
wms
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Singer Island Activities

Heading there for the first time this weekend with my family and looking for a couple of activities / day trips to do with younger kids (9 and 6)...had looked at some things regarding:

1. Everglades Tours - ANyone with experience doing a private tour?
2. Sea Turtle / Wildlife preserves
3. Fun boat trips

I realize this is a broad brush but figured I'd cast a wide net...also any must visit restaurants would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

Bill
Old Feb 14th, 2017, 01:53 PM

Loggerhead Marinelife Center is a pretty interesting place, they rescue sea turtles there, and you can observe them in their holding tanks. It's in its own little park in Juno Beach, just north of Singer Island along Route 1.

Another thing that seems popular is taking the water taxi to Peanut Island from Sailfish Marina. Very short boat trip. The island is a park with some biking trails, beach, and a lagoon that you can snorkel in. I've never been, so I can't really vouch for it though.

For restaurants, I'd suggest Dune Dog for lunch (in Tequesta), Capt. Charlie's Reef Grill in Juno Beach if you like fish, and right there on Singer Island is Sailfish Marina, which has reasonably good food, but a terrific setting any time of day. Another good place for breakfast or lunch on Singer Island is Captain Jack's, which is right on A1A. There are lots of good pizza places in the area, one of our favorites is Hot Pie Pizza, on Olive Street, just off of Clematis in West Palm, but there is also Anthony's on PGA Blvd in Palm Beach Gardens. The area is loaded with restaurants.
Old Feb 14th, 2017, 01:55 PM

Oh, by the way, a nice walk is to go to the southern end of the island, at the inlet, and you can see some pretty large ships going in and out. There is a walking path along the inlet that connects to another brick lined path that goes through the town of Palm Beach Shores. Very pleasant walk; lots of people go down to the inlet, or to Sailfish Marina, for sundown.
Old Feb 14th, 2017, 05:23 PM
wms
Original Poster

Thanks much