shopping in Las Vegas

Search

shopping in Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:10 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shopping in Las Vegas

Will be in LV for several days and although I really enjoy people watching and setting by the pool. I do not really like to gamble. Thought I might do some shopping. I am a large woman wearing a size 14 pant and top. I cannot shop in the cute botique shops but I would still like to find something a little sexy. And maybe replace my favorite bathing suit.Any good ideas?
Thank you
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:41 AM

Try the Fashion Show Mall (on the strip),it's huge and you will find Saks, Neiman's and just about any chain store you want. The Aladdin has good shopping and The Forum Shops at Caesar's is wonderful but more of the boutiques you refered to. Bellagio has nice shops and don't miss the shops at the Venetian. Las Vegas has really great shopping so I think you'll probably find what you're looking for.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:41 AM

Vegas is full of places to shop!! They have a new mall (close to Treasure Island?) which has several floors of stores. There are shops at Caesars Paris, the Venetian, MGM, oh my . . . I think you could find anything you want in Vegas. I also understand there are upscale stores at the new Wynn. You can get anything from inexpensive items to designer items. Don't worry - there's plenty of shopping!!
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 06:44 AM

I saw the word "shopping" and had to reply as it is my favorite sport!

In Vegas, there is the Fashion Mall, which has every store under the sun, in a beautiful Mall. It is different than say the Forum Shops in Caesars and the boutique stores in other hotels. You will find what you are looking for there..and large retail stores too. It is not far down the strip so it is easy to get to, a short cab drive away.

You will also find bathing suits there. If you would like to get one before you leave, go to www.nordstrom.com. They have a size guide, and a very easy return....there is also live help so you can "talk" to a live rep and they will assist you while on line....just like you were in a store.

Happy Shopping!
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 08:11 AM

There is..or at least used to be a shop in the Forum stores that is devoted to womens sizes. They have added a lot of stores etc. but it was at the the beginning of the mall as you come out of Ceasars and enter the mall. At this point they might have more than one entrance to the mall..it's been about 5 years or so since i've been down there. they have really nice things and very stylish. It was on the left as you entered the mall, like the second or third store. For me, the only reason to ever go to Las Vegas is to SHOP!!!!!
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:32 AM

A little off topic - why do you call yourself large? Marilyn Monroe was size 14.

And don't worry, it's easy to shop in Vegas.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 09:54 AM

While size 14 is not large...it is actually the average size. I know the rest of the worlds women wear smaller size, Americans are bigger people - and I don't mean in pounds, I mean stature.

Sizes have also changed....what used to be Marilyn Monroe's 14 is now a size 6 today! If you have ever seen her clothes, you would be amazed at how small they are. Sizes 14 from the 60's is much smaller than a 14 today.

People have also grown in size since the 60's...we are taller, have bigger feet, etc...so sizing had to change too.

So don't say you are a large woman....you are just average

Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:12 AM

Oh, so I am no MM? How disappointing
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:17 AM

some of the stores at the Fashion Mall will give you a Las Vegas guest discount card for a day of shopping-
I cant remember where I got one but it was one of the big stores like Macy's or Dillards and think it was for an extra 10% off -
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:22 AM

Definitely hit the Fashion Show Mall. Even the department stores like Macy's and Nordstrom tend to have merchandise there that you can't get at other stores in town. I prefer the women's departments in Dillard's and Macy's the best - they have some cute stuff.

crefloors - The store you're thinking about in the Forum shops was called Rose of Sharon and they're not there anymore. I'm not sure they're even in town anymore. Plus, they were quite pricey... At any rate, there might be a different store in the Forum shops now - they finished a huge expansion and I haven't been in there yet.
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:12 AM

jbee...thanks for the heads up. I usually bought off the sale rack. My shopping juices are starting to flow!!! time for a trip I think
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 11:20 AM

after reading the last couple of posts I realized it was Nordstoms I got the discount card at- ask in customer service for one
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:01 PM
Original Poster

Just got back from the Y. (I'm still a size 14!)
Thanks for all of the great shopping help. I can hardly wait to get there. My hubby can golf and gamble...sounds like I've got plans.
Thanks again...
1jan1
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 12:15 PM

Fiana

Be happy that you aren't MM. You'd be six feet under. Besides, I picture you as Sandra Bullock anyways!