Search

Sex in orlando

Search this Thread

Old Jul 28th, 2003, 07:08 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sex in orlando

Greetings. Sorry for getting your attention that way. Let me just say that I am not a raciest or sexist or any x-ist. I just wanted you to read my thingie.
OK
I am going to Orlando for the second time. We pretty much caught the main attractions last time. I would like to revisit,
1 (rides ), Spiderman < awesome> t-2,... You know the big fancy ones that everyone goes on.
2 (dining) the California grill! Man that was good. < Any suggestions?
3 (the Disney thing) fire works at Epcot, etc.etc. and all the great things that Disney has to offer.
Now to the point of all this madness.
What do you do the second time around? We are young, and in good health. We enjoy, cool, hip, things (quality first) that will be fun and engaging.
How about a few hours away from Orlando? Any great show's anywhere? Any cool club's? How about Miami? Any thing at all. Any thing different, or romantic, or out of this world?Especial, anything different in and about Orlando.
Please do not get mired in my attempt to lure you to my questions.
I am just looking for a great second trip to Orlando.
Peace, fellow travelers.

Cayman

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:15 AM

Personally, for a great second trip to Orlando, I'd skip Orlando entirely and head to South Beach. Hip, fun, great nightclubs, restaurants that leave everything in Orlando tasting like Denny's Grand Slams.... Step up to the Big Leagues, my friend.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:27 AM

I agree with the previous poster.
SO BE is the place to go.
(No offense, but I think that yours might be the first post I've ever seen containing both the words "hip" and "Orlando.")
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 07:59 AM

I think HIP in relation to Orlando would usually include replacement :lol
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:00 AM

RE: We enjoy, cool, hip, things (quality first) that will be fun and engaging.

HUH? Are you talking about Orlando Florida?
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:09 AM

Go to South Beach. Lots to do and see there.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:21 AM

Did any of you consider the fact that maybe Orlando is hip to these guys because they are not 21 yet!!!! in which case SoBe nightlife would be very limited to them, while the young, cool places in Orlando will work for them.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:21 AM

I wasn't going to say anything about Orlando's decided un-hipness, but it's so true. Then again, where are you going to be coming from? Your definition of "hip" might include that tired and desperate nightclub they have somewhere in Disneyworld. Just not mine. It's time to check out how adults party; the South Beach scene ebbs and flows from week to week, but there are great clubs there.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:24 AM

That thought occurred to me, yes. But *ahem* young, cool places in Orlando? I sure missed them. Are there such places? There must be, but....
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:45 AM

Let me spell it out for you:
Disney fireworks - he said it, not me
Spiderman(roller coaster?) - again he said it, not me
California Grill - he said it not me
"not to mention the madness"( I assume it's the night walks in the parks - he said it, not me
After reading that I'm assuming that they are fairly young, not nightclub age just yet.
Old Jul 29th, 2003, 10:58 AM

omg Scarlett. You are TOOOO funny!
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 08:14 PM
Original Poster

So my post was a tad ambiguous. We are in our early 30s, and are so not hip. But ... we have eaten in some of the best restaurants in the world. We do so love to eat. and I guess we are hickish in some ways. we loved Spiderman the ride. Truly awesome! And the California grill ranks up there with the sushi at Aqua, and Nobu in NY. < yes we were able to get reservations >
So the real question is. Are there any other fine dining options in Orlando. Anything at all you can think of that we missed the last time. The same with obscure attractions?
please share.
your friend
Cayman
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 08:22 PM

Man, was I way off on this one......
Early 30's????? Disney fireworks, Spiderman, California Grill(FINE DINING?????)?????

I apologize to everyone here, and I'm leaving the building (in shame.....)
Old Jul 30th, 2003, 08:31 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
I'm leaving his thingie behind and steering him to Sex and the City.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

The great thing about this is, you creeps continue to respond.
Poor things, nothing better to do.
Waiting for the next inane, mean message
I'm sure those 2 have many in them.
Oh and by the by.
[] [] CALIFORNIA GRILL
Contemporary Resort, Orlando, FL, USA
Phone: 407/939-3463
$10 to Over $30
Magic Kingdom Resort Area
Contemporary
User Rating:
Rate It [] []

[] []
[] The view from this rooftop restaurant is as stunning as the food. Start with the brick-oven flatbread with grilled duck sausage or the unagi (eel) sushi. Then move onto the roasted venison or the red snapper with butternut squash risotto. Good dessert choices include the lemon meringue pie soufflé and the apple upside-down cake. You can watch the nightly Magic Kingdom fireworks from the patio. AE, MC, V.

fine dining indeed. the best sushi i have ever had.
peace meanies.
your friend
Cayman

Old Jul 31st, 2003, 07:14 AM

I'm risking getting wicked flamed on this, but I'm going to be reductionist here:

ORLANDO IS NOT A SOPHISTICATED PARADISE FOR ADULT TRAVELERS. It is a collection of world-class theme parks, around which a kind of city has grown and spread, like The Happiest Cancer on Earth. If you enjoy that, great. But don't look for headier adult pleasures (other than some nasty strip joints located away from the theme parks) there. And you've hit the high points of fine dining in Orlando already, my friend. CA Grill is considered one of the best restos in the city. Not much else left (one Emeril outpost is good, the other is earning horrible reviews).

The reason I suggest heading to points outside of Orlando is simple: I'm an adult, theme parks aren't a big thing for me (I live 15 minutes from DisneyLAND)-- there are much better places for adults to relax and party in Florida. First, South Beach for debauchery. Palm Beach for luxury. Ft. Lauderdale for slightly downmarket, but still fun, beach time. Tampa/Ybor City for-- well, just to hang out (it's actually a pretty fun area). You like fine dining? Nobu Matsuhisa has an eatery or two in South Beach, so you can get your sushi fix. My favorite joint in South Beach is a li'l slice of heaven called Wish, in The Hotel. Expensive, exquisite, wonderful. And there are plenty more places. And the nightlife!! Just the thing to cure your "un-hipness"!
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 07:16 AM

But the other question is: Where are you traveling from? It will help-- you might want to go somewhere exactly the opposite of where you live.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 08:19 AM

You people are so awful. I'm 35 and I love Orlando and the theme parks. And yes, I have been to South Beach - excellent choice if you prefer a lot of drinking and crowded dancing. Its easy to tell the tourists as they don't have artificial body implants or aren't on steroids.

South Beach is so much like Hollywood East with a Cuban twist - which is one of its few redeeming qualities. That said, I think its more appropriate for singles in their 20s.

Caymansreef - to answer your question; I'd suggest checking out Pleasure Island, Disney's nightclub resort. Check out the public stage outside as they count down to midnight as if it were News Year's Eve every night.

Also, the restaurant in EPCOT's Italy pavillion is very good.

Have fun.
Old Jul 31st, 2003, 08:31 AM

South Beach as "Hollywood East"? No no no. I like to think of it as a combination of Ibiza, Venice Beach and Malibu, but Hollywood? No way.

We're not saying that someone can't enjoy Orlando as an adult (although I find Pleasure Island to be quite lame)-- just that its delights are a bit more simple and basic, and decidely concentrated in the area of all the theme parks (except for the lap-dance joints).