Florida Trip in May with Girlfriend

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 30th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am planning on taking a trip in May with my girlfriend. I was wondering if anyone had suggestions on hotels and attractions. It is going to be about a six or seven night trip. The main thing about the hotel would be restaurants/bar pools, nice rooms. Would like jacuzzi tub in the bathroom. It does not have to be something really fancy, would like to keep it under $200 a night, but still nice.
I think I am going to ask her to marry me on the trip, so would like it to be special!
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
Old Sep 30th, 2008, 04:25 PM

What part of Florida are you planning to visit?
Old Oct 1st, 2008, 09:36 PM
Original Poster

We are planning on going to the Disney Parks, Sea world, and to Orlando.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 01:14 PM
Original Poster

I was actually looking for any ideas anyone had to offer about a trip to Florida, ranging from parks and attractions to visit, all the way to the hotel and best available for less than $200 a night
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 01:20 PM

You're planning to propose @ Disney ? Is that what we're thinking here ? Is she 12 ?
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 01:21 PM

You may want to peruse Some_guys' Key West proposal idea...
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 05:37 PM

We honeymooned in Panama City Beach, FL and have been back at least once a year ever since. There are so many things to do...fishing, jet skis, parasailing, mini golf, water park, shopping (Pier Park is a brand new mall), swimming, Ripleys, Gulf World Marine Park and more. http://www.panama-city-beach-vacations.com gives a lot more details and recommendations.

We usually rent a home or condo. The only one I can think of with a jacuzzi tub is a 5 bedroom home...probably too big, but if you want to see it it's called Lagoon House. You can find it under "favorite rentals" on the web site mentioned above.
Old Oct 2nd, 2008, 06:48 PM
Original Poster

Did I say at Disney? No. I said on the trip. If she wants to go to Disney, then what do you expect? So what I say no lets not do what you want to do, and then propose to her somewhere else? That sounds like an excellent way to get her to say yes, and sounds quite romantic too don't you think? No didn't think so. I was looking for advice planning the trip she wants to take, has been wanting to take for years. So, by making her dream come true, sounded like a very nice way to ask her to marry me. These are not trips we get to take all the time, once a year kind of thing so now do you have some advice on the trip that she wants to take? Thanks