Serviced Apartments LA

Search

Serviced Apartments LA

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2009, 04:23 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Serviced Apartments LA

I'm travelling to LA next month and am hoping to book a serviced apartment or house in the Hollywood/Beverly Hills area. I've had a look at the vrbo website but there are so many properties listed. Has anyone used this site or similar sites to book accommodation in LA, and if so do you recommend any particular rental property? I am travelling with my mother and 9 month old baby. Our main concern is location and clean comfortable property. Looking at spending around $200 a night.

Thank you in advance,

Mich
Old May 31st, 2009, 06:39 AM

VRBO is generally not "serviced" if by that you mean daily maid service/cleaning and having a front desk. You are usually renting someone's house and do everything for yourself. And I verymuch doubt that you would be able to rent a "serviced" property - with statt for such a low budget.

If what you want is a suite hotel (where you have LR and BR but still maid service, front desk etc) - that's what I would look for.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 01:00 AM
Original Poster

it doesn't have to be serviced. I'm prepared to spend up to 290 a night.
Old Jun 1st, 2009, 07:56 AM
lvk

There is a Residence Inn by Marriott on Beverly Drive that might work for you. In Burbank (close to Hollywood), there is also a RI, as well as the Oakwood Apartments. These are "serviced properties" with studio, one and two bedroom units.

As for vrbo properties, you really need to sort out what exactly you want and where you want to be based on what you will be doing while in LA. I find that the homeaway.com (parent co. of vrbo) website has a better search function, narrowing down properties that fit your criteria: size, price, availability, amenities, etc.
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 02:04 AM
Original Poster

thank you so much for the homeaway.com website. I've been looking at it and have found so many good properties. I think it's such a great idea to rent a home or apartment rather than staying in a hotel. At least you get to save on valet parking and can wash your clothing and cook your own meals.
Old Jun 2nd, 2009, 08:32 AM
lvk

I agree, especially with children. Once you have it narrowed down to a few properties that meet your criteria, I'm sure the Fodorites here will be glad to answer your questions about the neighborhood, restaurants, farmer's markets, etc.
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 01:22 AM
Original Poster

well I have booked a house in Beverly Hills. It's 2 bedrooms and has a pool. It's $250 a night. I hope the homeaway.com site is a reputable site. I was a bit nervous paying before I get there. Has anyone had any dealings with this site?
Old Jun 4th, 2009, 07:58 AM
lvk

Homeaway is the largest vacation rental site in the USA, but it is just a listing site to connect vacation property owners with renters. They do, however, now have a guarantee program, which should provide incentive for them to make sure each owner is legit:
http://guarantee.homeaway.com

I've rented from both Homeaway and VRBO, both times sending up-front payments with no problems. After my stay, I have also posted a review of each property and my dealings with the owners, to help subsequent renters. Are there reviews posted for the property you are renting?
Old Jun 5th, 2009, 07:37 PM
Original Poster

yes, but only 3 reviews. He is a member though of the beverly hills country club and I have confirmed this by ringing the country club. Also, I have received the rental guarantee confirmation from Homeaway. I'm actually thinking of also renting a house in San Francisco for a week. Are there any other ways of renting a house that are a bit safer. I don't know if I could go through the stress again of using a website like Homeaway.