September Honeymoon Ideas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiancee and I are planning a honeymoon in September and are looking for some ideas. We both liked St. Lucia, but are not sure because of the weather that time of year.

We both would like to relax, but at the same time go on some excursions and be active. We liked the idea of all inclusive resorts because we dont have to worry about anything but our side trips.

We like the Carribean, but I wanted to know if there was anything else out there that would be nice thats also in our price range (~$5000 total for 10 days).

Any suggestions?
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 11:11 AM

I'd be wary of going to the Caribbean during September due to hurricane season being in full swing. Have you considered going to Hawaii? We went there for our honeymoon, and it was the perfect combination of relaxation, natural beauty, and amazing activities like snorkeling, hiking, volcano, etc.
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 11:17 AM
Original Poster

I thought about Hawaii but I heard that is was a little more expensive than what I was aiming at. I think Hawaii would be a great place to go, but just a little expensive.

We were trying to get away for 9 nights, 10 days and only spending about $5000 for everything. Is this possible in Hawaii?
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 11:22 AM

Have you thought of visiting Costa Rica? It's tropical, lush and mountainous, you can find resorts or either the Caribbean or Pacific sides of the country and it's generally free from hurricanes. It might be just the destination for you.

Old Sep 6th, 2007, 11:31 AM
TahitiTams

I would go to Paris or Moorea, Tahiti..
Been to both and also, on my honeymoon!
Love St. Lucia but not in September and I would not do Costa Rica either.
Have a wonderful time!

airtahitinui.com

Old Sep 6th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Original Poster

Haven't thought of Costa Rica but I will look into that. I think I ruled out Tahiti since Im from Pennsylvania and just to fly there would cost almost as much as I want to spend on the whole trip!

Old Sep 6th, 2007, 12:07 PM

We were able to get good prices in Hawaii; we used the Entertainment book and saved 50% off our hotel there - that helped tremendously. We also got free airfare since we had so many points.

I agree with the suggestion of Costa Rica being a good one also; we just got back from our second trip there and loved it. Of all the spots we've been, Hawaii and Costa Rica are our definite favorites. In CR, we stayed at Bosque del Cabo - the price includes all your food, and the food is quite good. We saw 4 kinds of monkeys, toucans, wild scarlet macaws, etc. right from our front porch. There's loads of activities you can do for an additional charge - guided hikes, swimming with wild dolphins, surfing, waterfall rapelling - it's an amazing spot. We also loved the Peace Lodge - 5 beautiful waterfalls on the property that you can hike to, hummingbird gardens, etc. It's a fun spot. The only thing is that for a lot of Costa Rica, September is the rainy season.
Old Sep 6th, 2007, 01:31 PM
TahitiTams

From PA to Tahiti would be a long flight..I like CR but it is the rainy season and since you are on the East coast, have you thought of Italy/France/Greece?
It is a beautiful time to go to Europe.
Best to you and your fiancee!

Old Sep 6th, 2007, 06:30 PM

I just saw you are from PA.

I was raised there and attended PSU.
I am in VA now, but visit several times a year.