Search

Sedona Tours

Search this Thread

Old Jun 21st, 2009, 06:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedona Tours

I have friends coming from England to visit. What is the best Sedona Tour?
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 06:58 AM
nlg

When we were in Sedona we took the Trolley tour to get an overview of Sedona and then we took the Pink Jeep Broken Arrow tour. The Pink Jeep tour in great-they take you up into the red rocks and the scenery is so beautiful.
Old Jun 21st, 2009, 07:18 AM

Pink Jeep tours in Sedona was actually voted most popular (out of 750 tourist activities) in the entire state of Arizona in a poll conducted by the Phoenix newspaper.
Old Jun 26th, 2009, 04:40 PM

If you want the best tour for the money and comfort; hands down it’s Silver Spur Tours! They offer some great tours including the Grand Canyon VIP Loop Tour, A Magical Day In Sedona, and A Magical Carpet Ride, any of which I would recommend. Their vehicles are customized Mercedes Sprinter vans with thick reclining captains chairs and they only hold a maximum of 7-8 passengers. They provide a gourmet bistro bag loaded with high quality goodies for all day eating and snacking. If it’s off-road and Jeeps you want Pink Jeep Tours offers the best. If you want easy on the body and to return home nice and refreshed with the experience of a lifetime, Silver Spur Tours is the one. Their website is http://silverspurtours.com
No matter what you choose to do for fun one thing is for sure, you’ll have fun in Sedona; it is truly a wonder of the world. Also, a great B&B is Casa De Sedona and the best resort for the money is Amara Resort.
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 08:46 AM

Who wants to tour Sedona in the dust and heat of traveling by an open jeep? The only way to go is by the comfort offered by Silver Spurs Tours in their Mercedes custom vans and snacking on their gourmet food and fine wines. I much prefer the luxury provided by Silver Spurs Tours then any other touring company in the Sedona area. You'll love their service!
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 09:25 AM

There's only one way to see Sedona and the surrounding areas and that is in the comfort of Silver Spur Tours in their custom Mercedes vans, gourmet foods and fine wines. Why would you want to endure the heat and bumpy rides offered by jeep tours? Call Silver Spurs Tours - they are the only luxury touring company in the area!
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 09:37 AM

These people (or, more likely, "that person") have got to be kidding!
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 03:45 PM

always fun to see marketing people compete for attention...
both choices mentioned are very good. I live in north phoenix so i try to get out of the heat as much as possible during the summer, and usually I drive up to sedona to do so- so i've had quite a few opportunities to try out the various tours and tourist attractions...

silver spurs is relatively new; if you want to enjoy the scenery, relax and eat and drink, this is your experience. It's nicely air conditioned (good for me personally, since I want to get away from phoenix weather) but you still see all the natural beauty of sedona.

on the other hand, pink jeep is also very fun.. if a little terrifying. make sure you dress light, as it gets decently hot, but if you're looking for an off-roading adventure and perhaps just want to test and see if your heart can still pump mass quantities of adrenaline like it used to, i'd say go for pink jeep.

both are good, they just are meant for different people
Old Jun 29th, 2009, 03:54 PM

Silver Spur tour cannot be good - search on BBB did not find any trace of it.

Old Jun 29th, 2009, 06:21 PM

Hey shazzym...I just got back from Sedona and after reading this review on Frommers, I went with Silver and Loved it! Took the Magical Day tour and it was truly magical. Check out the pics of their touring vans on their website...

Here's the Frommers written by Zen:
WOW!! The red rocks and mountains are beautiful! The people were friendly, and the food was terrific! We took Silver Spur Tours to the Grand Canyon, and although not impressed with the canyon(maybe it was too big to take in), SIlver Spur Tours were great. The van was very comfortable, with leather heated and reclining captains chairs, the guide was so friendly and knowlegable, I highly recommend them. They're a pretty new outift, maybe 1 1/2 years old. They really thought of everything. I stayed at the Hilton, which is actually in the Village of Oak Creek, just south of Sedona. The place was beautiful and clean, and right next door to the Sedona Golf Resort, which was beautifully decorated and landscaped, and the breakfast at their clubhouse was great, both times we went. In front of the hotel property on RT 179 was an italian restaurant called Dahl and DeLuca, and it was excellent! The veal was perfect, the place was beautifully old world decorated, and the service was great, too. I bought a Kaluha Chocolate Torte cake from their gift shop, and it was like dark chocolate butter! In town, a place called The Orchard Bar and Grille had a terrific Kobe burger. I stopped in New Frontiers Market on RT 89 for some vitamins that I forgot to bring with me, and it was a very nice upscale market. The touristy spots were nice, but mostly southwestern and American Indian type things. Everywhere was beautifully landscaped and decorated, with stone and ponds and waterfalls. Even the sidewalk concrete is dyed red to match the rocks in the mountains. They say it gets crowded in the summertime, and I suggest familiarizing yourself with traffic circles, or as they call them, roundabouts, because there's plenty of them in the area. They're pretty simple, but some people get confused when driving through one for the first time.
I know I was all over the place with my writing, please forgive me. I wanted to get all this down, to help all of you interested in going there. Please feel free to ask any questions.
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 09:17 AM

This has got to win some type of award here on Fodors:

"We took Silver Spur Tours to the Grand Canyon, and although not impressed with the canyon(maybe it was too big to take in), SIlver Spur Tours were great."

That's right: Grand Canyon, Grand Schmanyon. What we really liked was Silver Spur Tours.

ROTFLMAO.

Listen marketing folks; you've got to be less obvious than that!
Old Jul 1st, 2009, 09:55 AM

I was thinking the same thing!
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 03:40 PM

I live in Sedona and all the tour companies have their niche. I took a helicopter ride once with AZ Helicopter and that was awesome. There's also a hot-air balloon ride that I hear is cool. But, if they are into it, hiking is THE BEST! There's a lot to do in Sedona, you're friends will love it here.
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 05:11 PM

Personally, I prefer to take a tour where I can't drive myself. That's why we've enjoyed Pink Jeep. We've done the Scenic Tour and the Broken Arrow tour and we preferred Broken Arrow. You can drive to lots of scenic areas on your own with a little advice and a map from the Visitor Center. Walking and hiking are great experiences there too. Have a great time. You can wait til you get there to decide what you want to do.
Old Jul 2nd, 2009, 05:38 PM

Yeah but it's hard to enjoy a glass of wine bouncing around in a jeep
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 06:27 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe it's just me but a glass of wine in the middle of an active day in Arizona is at the bottom of my list of 'must haves.'
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 06:44 AM

For me, the best tour(s) of Sedona are the ones where I get out and plant my own feet on the trail to see the scenery. Much more rewarding than riding around in a bumpy jeep--depends on your physical abilities, though. You can drive yourself to many of the formations--Bell Rock, Courthouse Butte, Cathedral Rock and scenic Boynton Canyon--pack your own wine and cheese if you need it. Then take a short ride up the switchbacks the scenic lookout traveling north towards Flagstaff. All of the above can be done in a car in the morning, then deciding with a little research where to have lunch (Wildflower Bread Company) and then on for some afternoon hiking to burn it off--Devil's Bridge and Doe Mountain can't be beat for scenery and an exhilirating hike!
Old Jul 5th, 2009, 06:47 AM

I forgot to add in the morning tour, trip up to the Airport Road to the Vista. Optional hike on the trail on the road to another Vista that overlooks the Bell Rock area wouldn't take a lot of time either and is gorgeous at the top.
Old Jul 8th, 2009, 06:39 AM

As an avid hiker, in July and August the only hiking time is early morning because it can be over 80 degrees before 8:00am. This time of year maybe a road tour in an air conditioned vehicle might be better. Just a thought.