Search

Sedona hummer tours

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12th, 2004, 07:29 PM
adeewebstr

Sedona hummer tours

I know I posted this under a jeep tours question, but I thought a new post - with "hummer" in it - might catch someone's attention. Under the jeep tour post someone talked about hummer tours in Sedona. If you've been on one - what one did you take? It sounds like something my teenage boys would LOVE!

Old Mar 15th, 2004, 07:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Try www.HummerAffair.com for tours and prices. Think we will try them in Sedona the first week of April.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 08:02 AM

I have booked Pink Jeep but now wonder if we should do this after looking at the site. Would like to hear from someone who has done it because Pink Jeep has gotten so many accolades on this board.
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 09:29 AM

I was also planning on the Pink Jeep tour but now am considering the Hummer tour. Is it safe/appropriate for kids age 7 and 9?
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 01:36 PM

Hi Folks! I replied to the original post re: Pink Jeeps - please look there for my info on our hummer tour - it was the highlight of my kids' trip!
steelhead - my son was 8 when we did hummer tour last Aug. and another boy was about 6 or 7 - just check that seat belts are securely fastened!
Old Mar 16th, 2004, 06:27 PM
adeewebstr

BBear - I think you said you went on the Gambler tour. My husband and I want to enjoy the scenery, and the boys are big on adventure. Would you think the Gambler is a good compomise?

Old Mar 17th, 2004, 04:48 AM

adeewebstr - I can't compare it to other tours, but I will tell you that our guide was very knowledgable about the area - rock formations, plants, animals, history, etc. He also provided lots of info about the hummer itself. We definitley had some scenic vistas & he would stop to let you take pictures. When he stopped you could change seats so you had a chance to sit in each area if you wanted. I don't think anyone in your group would be disappointed, but you may want to consider the sunset tour. We went early AM as it was very hot (103) in August! Hope this helps....
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 07:25 AM
adeewebstr

BBEAR - Thanks for the pointer on timing - we son't do middle of the day! I wondered what else you did on your trip, since your boys are similiar in age to ours. We're flying to Phoenix, going to Prescott for 2 nights, Sedona for two nights, then up to the Grand Canyon and across to NM. Sliding Rock sounds fun - but I wonder how crowded it is on summer weekdays. Also, we're planning to go horseback riding in Sedona- Can't remember the name of the company right off. I wondered about Montezuma's Castle, Camp Verde, Jerome...

Old Mar 21st, 2004, 05:04 PM

adeewebstr - we spent 1 full week in Sedona, so did Grand Canyon as a day trip. Slide Rock is a blast! Go early & pack a picnic lunch - bring water shoes, also. We also did a day trip to Sunset Crater Volcano/Wupatki Village (near Flagstaff) - you get 2 National Parks in 1 loop. We didn't go to Montezuma's Castle - we had been to Mesa Verde, Canyon de Chelley & Wupatki, so we had lots of ruins already! We also went to Meteor Crater - my 10 yr old had read about it in a book & begged to go there - it was much more enjoyable than we expected. We didn't go to Jerome, since we had just been to a mining "ghost" town in CO (we were on a 3 week trip).
Old Mar 22nd, 2004, 08:24 AM
adeewebstr

BBear - Thanks for the info. Slide Rock and Meteor Crater are definates! For anyone interested in the hummer tours, I e-mailed the Sedona company asking which tour would be best for combining scenery (adults) and thrills (kids). They recommended the Jeep Eater - so that's what we're doing!

Old Mar 25th, 2004, 11:25 AM

Hi guys - thanks for sharing. I was wondering about the photos of the Sedona Hummer tours, which show at least two types of Hummers: an enclosed Hummer and also an open-air Hummer. Do you know which rides use which - how was your rides? The enclosed version doesn't appear to give as good a view of things. Do you think it matters??
Old Mar 26th, 2004, 04:01 AM

I believe each tour uses a specific hummer - most of them are the open type (H1) - I know that's what we were in on Gambler Trail. I'm not sure which tour uses the H2 (enclosed hummer) - if you call or write the company, they should be able to tell you.