Search

Sedona Lodging Question

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:15 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedona Lodging Question

Hi and Help, Please

We are considering two lodgings in the Sedona area. Our dates are November 18 to 21.

The first is the Sky Ranch Lodge. They have a King room with a fireplace and patio, no view, for 105 USD. Sky Ranch Lodge gets very mixed reviews on tripadvisor.com. Some people love it and some hate it.

The other place we are considering is the Forest Houses in Oak Creek Canyon. No view at all, but an in the woods setting for a cottage with a queen murphy bed and fireplace. I am worried about the weather here in November; it is supposed to be colder than Sedona. The room price is 85 USD and Forest Houses has all very positive reviews on tripadvisor. However, there aren't nearly as many reviews as there are for Sky Ranch.

Also looking at the Kokopelli Inn, but I'm not sure about that one.

Any advice or experience would be very helpful. We can't spend more; our daughter is having the wedding that ate North America the month before the trip.

Thanks
Old Jun 2nd, 2005, 08:49 PM

I thought Sky Ranch Lodge was delightful and I would stay there again. I had a second floor view room with a gas fireplace. This was a queen room with a balcony. There are no elevators so schlepping luggage was the only down side. Sedona is a rather busy place and always full of traffic. Sky Ranch is a little off the beaten path which is a good thing.

The road to the airport has great views and you can walk to the sunset gathering on airport road from the lodge. Great views and definitely a 'happening.'

I have only seen the Kokopelli Lodge from the outside. It is more in the hub of things. I would go for Sky Lodge just because of location. I would also go for the view room. Deinitely worth the extra price.

I go to Sedona in the spring so I cannot address the late fall timing.

Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 03:48 AM

I also stayed at Sky Ranch, last October, with two friends. I had a room that overlooked the small pool, but my friends had a room with a deck and a great view of Sedona and coffee pot rock. Both rooms were fine, the place has a rustic feel, and we walked each morning over to the airport for a yummy breakfast. One advantage of staying there is that while other people have to crowd around at the viewpoints to watch the sunset, we sat on my friends' balcony with a bottle of wine in total peace.

I can't compare it to the other places, but I would stay there again.

Karen
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:07 AM

Check out the Hilton Sedona also. We stayed there and it was not expensive at all. We loved it!
Old Jun 3rd, 2005, 10:46 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, bbfobes and kaudrey, for the tips on Sky Ranch; I reserved a room with NO view today. I assume that walking to view wouldn't be too much of a problem.

We are really on budget with this trip, so cost is very important, and afeldman, I've looked at that darn Hilton every which way I can, but I can't get a good price. Or good enough, I should say.

I know that are on Priceline, now categorized as a Resort, and not a 3* as the Hilton had formerly been categorized, but there is another hotel, the Radisson Pico something-or-other, also in that category, which gets horrible user reviews. I would be somewhat afraid of getting that hotel instead of the Hilton.

I don't know why mid November prices are so high, but they are.

We will surely need this vacation after that wedding, but we will have nothing left to spend, alas. ;-(