Skyranch lodge, sedona

Search

Skyranch lodge, sedona

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Skyranch lodge, sedona

Would appreciate some feedback about Skyranch lodge in Sedone. And how about Best Western Red Rock, Canyon villa and hampton Inn. We will be in Sedone the third week of August.
Thanks
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 01:26 PM
J62

I don't know about any of those properties. There are a huge # of hotel and condo/timeshare rooms in Sedona, and we found that there were great deals to be had for those who needed a room at the last minute. Supply vs demand imbalance in the middle of the summer - definitely an oversupply which helps drive down prices.

We booked a 2br condo through Krazy Kyote - they are a Sedona activity broker and seem to be able to get deals on last minute rooms. It's possible one of those 3 properties they can get you a deal on.

Our price was $110/night at Sedona Summit - 2br condo.

Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 01:38 PM

I know the Lodge has received good reviews in the past and it does have a good view from above.
We have stayed at Junipine and the Best Western Arroyo and were quite happy with both.
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:15 PM

I've stayed at a B&B, the Hilton, and Sky Lodge in Sedona. At first glance I saw our room was in no way luxurious. Then I realized it was clean, very large, had a great location on the very nice grounds, was just steps from an awesome view that others drove to every night, and saw I could walk to the restaurant. By the time I left three nights later, I knew I would never stay anywhere else in Sedona!
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 02:43 PM

We loved Sky Ranch Lodge. Away from the bustle of tourists, great views.
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 03:44 PM

We LOVED Skyranch Lodge. Like taking a step back in time, but very clean and well maintained. Don't forget to go to the small airstrip (yes, I said airstrip) up the road for breakfast--it's wonderful!
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 05:01 PM

Although we were first disappointed when we saw our room at Sky Ranch Lodge, we soon realized the magic of the location. And the rooms are very clean and comfortable. The pool and spa were enjoyed by adults and kids, the atmosphere is very casual and relaxed. We have stayed there several times since.
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 05:38 PM

Sky Ranch Lodge sits on the edge of a 500-foot mesa in the center of Sedona, with views extending 60 miles to the west, north, and northeast toward Oak Creek Canyon. It is up above road traffic and very quiet at night. Nearby there is a restaurant where you can catch breakfast. The top of the mesa is where we have our airport, a single strip. You will notice a tall chain link fence around the airport because we have many deer who graze on the mesa, and we want to keep them off that single runway for safety reasons. Lots and lots of birds in the brush and pines.
Old Aug 2nd, 2008, 07:01 PM

Ditto all of the above. We loved the Sky Ranch Lodge and have recommended it to others.
Old Aug 9th, 2008, 09:50 PM

Awesome views of sunrise and sunset from the grounds. It has been many years since I stayed there, but happy to hear that it is still in operaiton. I would definitely return.
Old Aug 10th, 2008, 03:49 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I stayed at the Best Western Inn of Sedona.

Apparently it had been redone and had the look and feel of a new place.

Can't beat location.

Opposite the road that goes up to the airport.

You drive about 100 yards up a hill so you're near the highway but away from the traffic and noise.

The main level is actually the 3rd floor and it goes down from there.

My room had 2 doors. One leads to the parking lot and the other to a large patio with a view of Chimney Rock.

I would definitely recommend it.

Rooms 318-336 all had the sane type of layout and view.

I have a couple of photos taken from the pation.

You can see my trip photos at:

www.travelwalks.com

Select the 2007 trip to Bryce, Zion, GC & Sedona.