Search

Sedona hotel

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17th, 2011, 07:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedona hotel

We will be staying in Sedona for 2 nights, October 20 and 21, after 11 days touring the Utah parks and GCNP before continuing to southern Arizona. My DH has requested we stay somewhere relaxing (he expects being exhausted by then) where he can chill and read a book, drink some wine, but also be close enough to walk to restaurants, shopping etc. Our absolute max budget is $175 a night

After looking at many hotels I can't tell which ones fit his criteria, any suggestions?
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 07:46 AM

Check out the Sedona Rouge Hotel. Not sure what the prices are but I think it should meet your price range. There is an excellent Italian restaurant across the street that you can walk to - Dean and Deluca.
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 08:01 AM

Do you mean
http://www.dahlanddiluca.com/
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 08:12 AM

Just so you realize, we love Sedona for the beauty and the hiking but it does not have a charming downtown area so I would not narrow my choices to hotels where you can walk to town. We never ate downtown.

We did enjoy our meal at Dahl and DiLuca so the suggestion above may work for you.

We visited in the off season and stayed at the Enchantment Resort (for $200/nt) During the time you are visiting I am sure it is not in your price range. I would drive out there though for lunch or dinner---we liked the casual restaurant with the patio dining--surrounded by Boynton Canyon. Staying at the Enchantment, in the room with the Murphy bed, kitchen and huge patio was a "Wow" experience.
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 08:51 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
I stayed at the Best Western Inn of Sedona a few years ago.

It's central and if you find my report of several years back I list the room numbers that have a great view. These rooms have two doors. One door leads to the parking lot and the other onto a large pation facing Chimney Rock.

Breakfast was included and it has a small swimming pool. If you husband wants to relax and read this would be ideal.

It's very close to the main road but above it so it's quiet.
Then again, you may want to do a few short and scenic hikes. Boynton Canyon "Vista" and in the area of Chimney Rock.

And go to the Crescent Moon Picnic area about an hour before sunset to watch Cathedral Rock across Oak Creek turn fire red as the sun goes down.
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 08:53 AM

Yes, I meant dahl and diluca. Sorry.
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 11:05 AM

Sedona Rouge is on the Expedia Groupon today with a package that looks good. We are coming in October, but staying at a B & B - can't wait!
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 12:41 PM
Original Poster

I guess I have been somewhat mislead, I knew Sedona was famous for the scenery, rocks etc, however I had thought from numerous descriptions that there was a central area that was worth walking around. Does this mean we have to drive everywhere?
We are planning some hikes, hoping to find something with water and shade.
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 01:05 PM
Original Poster

Hey Myer
I can't find your report, do you remember what kind of room it was, I have looked at the BW inn as the Arroyo BW is far too expensive.
Old Aug 17th, 2011, 01:34 PM

Downtown Sedona is full of souvenir shops and not worth wasting your time on. There is a shopping area called Tlaquepacque, that is a recreation of a Mexican village, in Sedona and that would be worthwhile to go to. It has interesting shops, galleries and restaurants and is quite pleasant.