Seattle, Vancover, Victoria HELP

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are (2 adults mid 40s)planning to visit Seattle, Victoria and Vancouver in June. We will have 6.5 days. Did not plan to rent a car. Do we need it at all? What is the best way (order) to see these places. What are possible carless day trips in Seattle? How many days do we need in each place. Flying in and out of Seattle.
Thanks in advance.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 10:30 AM

You can either fly between those cities (float plane between Seattle and Victoria and Victoria and Vancouver and regular plane between Vancouver and Seattle), or take the Victoria Clipper from Seattle to Victoria, the PCL bus from Victoria to Vancouver (goes on the ferry), then Amtrak from Vancouver to Seattle. The Clipper should be able to give you a package rate for all 3. The train back to Seattle only goes once a day at 6 PM so your last night would have to be spent in Seattle. I'd do 2/1/2/1 Seattle/Victoria/Vancouver/Seattle.
You can take a tour to Mt Rainier if you want a day trip but since you'll only really have 1 full day here in Seattle, I think there's enough to do here without doing a day trip.
Old Apr 26th, 2008, 01:13 PM

I agree with NWW:
Seattle, Victoria, Vancouver, Seattle

The only bit I would add is that you can also take a coach between Vancouver and Seattle: www.quickcoach.com

If we knew when your flights arrive and depart and how many nights you will be in the area, we could suggest how many nights to stay in each place.

Old Apr 26th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Original Poster

happytrailstoyou,
We are arriving in Seattle at 9 PM on Monday and leaving Seattle at 9PM on Monday night.
Old Apr 27th, 2008, 08:26 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
(i posted this on your other thread too)

First thought is yes, what you propose would be MUCH easier w/a rental car.

But you can take the train/bus between Seattle and Vancouver. And there is the Victoria Clipper that runs between Seattle and Victoria daily.

As far as how to split up your time Victoria is a fairly small place, Vancouver and Seattle major cities.

With these 3 destinations and only 6 days, I don't think you'll have much time for additional "day trips in Seattle". A bus tour to Snoqualmie Falls or a Argusy cruise are two possibilities though.