Search

Seattle tomorrow - need advice

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 04:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle tomorrow - need advice

Hi:
I just found out my friend's flight has been changed, there are now 3 hours between them. Is there anyplace within half an hour or 3/4 hour of Seatac for me to stretch my legs in the great outdoors? How far is Snoqualmie Falls?
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 05:55 AM

It takes about an hour to drive from SeaTac to Snoqualmie Falls and when you get there you have no more space to stretch your legs than you have at the airport unless you take the hike to and from the bottom of the falls, for which you do not have time.

Three hours is not enough time to go to and return from any place of interest.

Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 06:49 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Not really enough time to get into the hills and still nave time to do anything; the best thoughts I could come up with are Lincoln Park in West Seattle (adjacent to the Vashon Island ferry) which has some excellent trails and beach walk, and Alki Point, also in West Seattle, with great beach walks and views of the mountains and skyline. Not the boondocks, but both within 20-30 min. of the airport and plenty of fresh air in both. The weather tomorrow should cooperate too.
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 07:06 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
How would they plan to do this, regarding transportation, take a bus, car, or what?

In my opinion, 3 hours between flights is not enough time to leave SeaTac.

By the time your plane lands it's usually at least 20-30 mins. to deplane, and you need to likely check in 1 hour ahead for your ongoing flight. So they really have more like 1-1/2 hours to spare. I *guess* you could go by taxi to downtown Seattle and walk around for 30 mins. then head back, but that would not be my best advice.

Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 11:33 AM
Original Poster

Sorry to hear not much to do with the time. I'll have a car, and I've been to Seattle enough to be comfortable driving around until I get the phone call Lynn's landed. I'll try W. Seattle as suggested. Thanks!
Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 11:51 AM

I think its just a matter of your first post not being clear. You are just heading to the airport to meet a friend, presumably you will be in Seattle already. Is this correct?

Old Sep 3rd, 2008, 11:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh, if YOU have a car and are going to pick up your friend to spend a couple hours with them, then it might work.

I was picturing someone on their own getting out of the airport and trying to go anywhere in that short period of time.