If you visit Seattle

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 04:14 PM
Faina

If you visit Seattle

don't miss Mt. Rainier. I just came back, and the bus tour was the best part of my whole vacation! The glacier, the snow, the beauty of the mountains! We had the impression that the bus is gliding between the mountains like a plane, and the views are just awesome! Don't miss it.

Old Jun 7th, 2002, 04:41 PM
okforyou

So glad someone enjoyed Mt Rainier as much as I always do when I return.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 09:40 AM
Wendy

Faina I agree! As someone who lives here I just went out to Rainier for some hiking last Sat. It is truely beautiful!

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 01:44 PM
Paula

How long is the ride from Seattle? I will be visiting Seattle in September for only 1 or 2 days, but this sounds like something that I would love to do if time allows....also what was the price of the tour?

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 03:10 PM
Wendy

Paula, since we just drove out for day I can't comment on pricing. But the drive from Seattle is a very easy and mostly scenic 2-2 1/2 hours. We drove up Sat. morning, hiked and had a picnic lunch up at Paradise park and drove back in time to go to the Mariners game at 6:00 pm.

If you are in town for 2 full days then this would still give you time to check out some in city things like the Market, Seattle Center, Pioneer Square, etc. But with only 1 day it may be too much- unless you've been to Seattle before.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 03:37 PM
Faina

I don't remember exact price because of taxes, it was just under $60 for one person. Worth each penny!!!!

I had only 1,5 days in Seattle and definitely going back.

Old Jul 8th, 2002, 05:10 PM
anotherPaula

Since you're talking about the beauty near Seattle, (and I agree that Mt. Rainer is absoultely breathtaking) I thought I'd mention a few places that are closer and easier for day trips if you have a car. One is Stevens Pass (on the way to Leavenworth which is quaint and touristy), especially a tiny town called Index which has hiking areas nearby with waterfalls and huge trees. Also Snoqualmie Falls (remember Twin Peaks?) and Winery off of Interstate 90.

If you come to the area for the natural beauty, you can check out the Washington Handbook which has lots of trails and maps.