Seattle-Seafood Rest.

Search

Seattle-Seafood Rest.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15th, 2003, 11:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seattle-Seafood Rest.

Hi-I am going to Seattle in a few weeks, can you give me some good seafood restaurants that aren't too pricey that are in the downtown area?

Thanks!
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 01:59 PM

One of my favorites in Seattle is the Wild Ginger. It is eclectic Asian. Not seafood specifically but with good options.

Old Sep 15th, 2003, 02:09 PM

I really like Etta's Seafood near the Pike Place Market.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 04:57 PM

Every good restaruant in Seattle knows how to cook fish properly. Waterfront and Oceannaire are probably the top fish houses in Seattle. But we have many others. Flying Fish, Palisade, and Pier 66 are just a few other favorites. For a less expensive meal, I like Chinook for it's Manhattan Chowder and hearts of romaine salad.
Old Sep 15th, 2003, 08:40 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Etta's, Anthony's (2 stores on top of each other on the waterfront), Elliott's (on a pier but good nonetheless), Oceanaire, McCormicks, many others. Go to www.seattleweekly.com and look for listings in the "downtown, Pioneer Square, International District and Pike Place market" subheadings on the restaurant guide.

Don't overpay - like the man said, most everyone knows how to cook fish properly.

Note also, some of the best seafood cooking is to be had at the Chinese and Japanese places in the International District. The combination of fresh seafood and cultures that know what to do with it is powerful. Try the Sea Garden.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:16 AM

Many restaurants have good seafood, but we've found the best to be Flying Fish (which tends to be a bit noisy) and Ray's Boathouse which is a Seattle institution. You will need a car to get to Ray's - it would be a long cab ride. Etta's is OK, as is Dahlia Lounge - neither specialize in seafood. Anthony's Pier 66 is OK but we find their food to be a bit fancied up. If you like chowder and can find your way to West Seattle (avoid Salty's!) go to Webster's. It's just a homey local restaurant but great clam chowder!
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 10:21 AM

I'm hardly a Seattle native but I loved Ray's Boathouse, it has absolutely gorgeous views on a nice day and it's not too far from the Locks which were fun and had beautiful gardens around them.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 01:17 PM

Another recommendation for Etta's! My husband and I were there about 8 years ago and made a point to have dinner there. We ordered our dinners, but, unfortunately, I must have picked up a bug on the plane and became extremely ill. The waitstaff packed up my dinner and did not charge us for it. My husband had a chance to eat his and thought the food was great. I will not soon forget their kindness.
Old Sep 23rd, 2003, 02:55 PM

In June I had dinner at Anthony's Pier 66 (the upstairs one). They have two specialities: raw oysters--several varieties available and fresh salmon--several varieties, prepared several ways. I had both--a combination plate of raw oysters for an appetizer, followed by planked salmon--and it ranks as one of the best and most memorable meals I've ever had. I love salmon, and I can't describe how extraordinary this salmon was. I haven't eaten at any of the other places mentioned, so I can't compare. Only warning--this great food did not come cheap!
Old Nov 6th, 2003, 09:00 PM

The Flying Fish was very good. Also, the Dahlia Lounge was outstanding!! It is a part of the Tom Douglas restaurants. He also owns Etta's and the Palace Kitchen. We also enjoyed Salty's on Alki Beach. Have the coconut prawns!! The views from Salty's are awesome!! ***kim***
Old Nov 7th, 2003, 07:32 AM

Matt's at the Market! A charming little and not fancy place that makes great fish and has a very reasonable wine list. It is open for lunch and dinner.
We've been going to Seattle for years and I must say, this one charmed me immensely on our most recent trip(9/2003).
Old Nov 8th, 2003, 09:24 AM

Matt's at the Market was on my list but we ran out of time on our last trip. I hope to try Matt's next year when we visit Seattle!! Do they have good desserts there? ***kim***
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 12:44 PM

If you care to venture from downtown, Salty's is a great place to take a 10 minute water taxi ride ($2) over to West Seattle from the downtown waterfront. They have great seafood, but THE BEST seafood brunch. I normally avoid buffet, Salty's is in it's own category. P.S. I'm not sure if the water taxi closes for winter.
Old Nov 10th, 2003, 01:47 PM

I agree! We went to dinner at Salty's for our last meal in Seattle. The coconut prawns were the hit of the meal. The views from Salty's are awesome and the concierge at our Hotel Edgewater ordered the complimentary limo to pick us up. A very memorable evening! ***kim***