Seattle pre-xmas good shopping sales

Old Oct 30th, 2002, 11:51 PM
jan

Seattle pre-xmas good shopping sales

I will be in Seattle the week before Xmas and want to know if you have super sales there as it gets closer to xmas. I am assuming it is the same as here in Canada. 10%off - 70% off depending on how close it is to Xmas. Will put off some shopping till I get there if that is the case. Is there many reasonable places to shop downtown or do you need to go to the outer districts.
Thanks in Advance
Jan

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 09:23 AM
xxx

Even if something's on sale in Seattle, it's not going to be any bargain for you if you're spending Canadian dollars. Plus the sales tax in Seattle is outrageous (makes up for the fact that the residents don't pay a state income tax).

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:05 PM
Jan

Thks xxx,
I realize the state of our dollar sucks but was still hoping. The US always unique things we can't get here. Do my shopping before I go I guess. What is the sales tax?
Thanks
Jan

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 01:18 PM
Kostroma

The sales tax for King County, which includes Seattle, is 8.8%. It's slightly less in other counties.

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 10:59 PM
jan

Thanks Kostroma, Better than our 13.5%.

Old Nov 4th, 2002, 07:53 AM
lucy

I am a frequent canadian traveller to Seattle and Bellingham. If you are road travelling don't miss Target and The Walmart in the states is way better than here. Stick to cottons as they are far better quality than here as well. Even with the dollar exchange you still get a bargain. I find they have way more clearance racks than in canada with lots of 50% off lowest marked prices especially the Bon. Happy shopping.

Old Dec 3rd, 2002, 12:22 AM
Jan

Thanks Lucy,
We are going to CLipper it this time so no car. Will just be in the downtown Seattle area. Is there lots of places to shop there or do you need to get to the outskirts of the city.
Thanks for your input
Jan