Seattle: One Day: Ferry or Argosy Cruise

Old May 13th, 2006, 08:15 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Seattle: One Day: Ferry or Argosy Cruise

I will be in Seattle on a Saturday in the beginning of July.

I'd like to see Seattle by water. Any suggestions about Argosy Harbor Cruise vs. Argosy Locks Cruise vs. Ferry round trip to Bainbridge Island.

thank you.
Old May 13th, 2006, 08:32 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Depends on time and budget. Argosy (Locks cruise more interesting IMO) is a lot more money, but you'll see lots more. The ferry is great for seeing the skyline and getting a taste of the Puget Sound environment, but nothing more.
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:01 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You could also do the Duck Boat tour or Emerald City Charters which is a sailing vessel. Argosy is fine, but overpriced and a bit generic. The Argosy harbor tour is interesting, but otherwies the ride is just any old tour boat. Tillicum Village is an option too. The Argosy takes you to Blake Island for a "Northwest Native American" theme show. It's about as Northwest native american as Taco Time is Mexican, but out of towners always seem to enjoy it more than I would expect. I think Duck Boat is the most fun and sailing is the most special.
Old May 13th, 2006, 02:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
take the bainbridge ferry as foot passenger in the evening and have dinner there at docks and enjoy the seattle skyline at night.
one of my favoirites.
Old May 13th, 2006, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lincasanova:

Is there any particular restaurant you'd go to in Bainbridge. We only have one night, so would you recommend dinner at Bainbridge or in Seattle?
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:11 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'd eat in Seattle. There are a couple decent options on Bainbridge, but tons of great options in Seattle.
Old May 13th, 2006, 04:12 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I also meant to post that the ferry ride might do the trick for you-it really is quite scenic. As Gardyloo mentioned, the Locks cruise would be fun, too, if you wanted to spend the extra money.
Old May 14th, 2006, 01:26 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
we always were with friends who lived there, and i do not remember any names nor outstanding food. it is the VIEW that is just enchanting.
maybe an early seattle dinner, then the ferry and drinks at dock, or as some mentioned, maybe the ferry is enough.

also, coming in from airport, if you go left to the "other coastline", (admiral's way area?)there is a cute area there on waterfront with great food places, and there is also a boat that goes across to downtown seattle.
we really liked this area, and the cafés were abundant and very good, trendy.

it also has the great bike path .. you can bike for hours around the whole area.

i BELIEVE there was a place to rent kayaks there? hope a local chirps in here..
i was always On vacation and never kept notes on all this and am relying on a somewhat rusty memory! I do think there is at least one very good recommended restaurant there. hopefully someone can give you the name.

Old May 15th, 2006, 06:04 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
lincasanova is talking about Alki.