Seattle Mariners tickets help

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11th, 2009, 07:48 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are heading to Seattle in a few weeks. My boys want to go to a M's game. I'm looking at the stadium seating chart and don't know where to sit. I can't buy the expensive seats, willing to spend up to $20 a seat. Can someome that is familar with the stadium tell me where would be a good place to sit? Is the center out field section very far, would it be hard to see the game/players? We have never been to a MLB game, only to a local NWL game/stadium so don't know if the field is a different size. The seating shart on the M's website makes the stadium look HUGE!
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 07:56 AM
mma

If you go to seatdata.com you can find out what the view is from each section of the ballpark. That might be helpful.
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 08:18 AM
Original Poster

MMA~Thanks for that, it helps a lot!! Never heard of that website before!! This is great!
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 08:25 AM

vegasnative, I haven't been to the new Mariners stadium, but just wanted to tell you in general -- we have great season tickets to the Giants, but when we want to go with a bigger group, we buy tickets in the outfield bleachers. Just last weekend, we sat in the left-field bleachers, and it was great!! A lot of the bleachers-people are regulars, and they were "playing" with the opposing team's left fielder, and he was responding -- laughing, tipping his cap, throwing balls, etc. It was a lot of fun, and I think it's probably the same at all the new smaller ballparks (unlike the Giants old stadium, Candlestick, where you were a mile away from the field if you sat in the outfield seats). Have fun.
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 08:40 AM

The Mariners website actually has that feature too, where you can see the view from different sections of Safeco.

My regular tickets are "view reserved" seats which is the first few rows of the upper deck. I think these are a little above your price range ($25 per ticket) but I think they are a good value. But it's actually just fine sitting out in the bleachers, either the left field or the center field ones, I've done it many times--I'd actually choose one of those over seats high up in right or left field on the upper deck.

If you want to post back with the sections/rows you're thinking of getting, I can give feedback.
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 09:38 AM
Original Poster

sf~thanks for that, it sounded like a good time for you guys

NWWanderer-I have been looking at the vie reserved seats, or the left field or center filed bleachers. THe LF & CF bleachers I just worry that it will be too far away. Is it assigned seating over there is first come first serve?

The view reserved seats I'm looking at are sections 318 row 12, or 330 row 22.
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Original Poster

NWW~also thanks for letting me know their website has the same feature as seatdata. I just used that, didn't know it did it. So the LF bleachers don't seem so bad, probably a bit better than CF bleachers? If you can just let me know if they are assigned spots on those bleachers? If you were taking young kids (boys ages 5 & 7) would you go for the bleacher seats sect 180 or up in the view reserved seats that I mentioned prior? Thanks.
Old Jul 11th, 2009, 11:34 AM

The bleacher seats are pre-assigned, and they are actually closer to the field (lower down) than the upper deck, particularly the left field bleachers. And Section 180 is pretty close in, as well--I think that would be a good choice. Plus you save a few bucks to put towards the high priced ballpark food ;-).

Of the view reserved options, I'd go for 318 row 12 since it's lower down--row 22 is almost at the top of the stadium.

BTW, I realize I meant to say "view box" for my regular seats, not view reserved.
Old Jul 20th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Original Poster

NWWanderer, thanks for the info. I'm going to get the LF bleacher seats. I appreciate everyones help.