SEATTLE IN JUNE

Old Apr 11th, 2006, 06:24 AM
cbr
Original Poster

SEATTLE IN JUNE

WE ARE PLANNING A TRIP TO SEATTLE/VANCOUVER AREA (4 ADULTS 30'S/40'S NO KIDS). IS IT DOABLE IN A WEEK TO GO FROM SEATTLE TO VANCOUVER. HOW MUCH TIME DO WE NEED IN SEATTLE. WHAT AREAS WOULD YOU RECOMMEND WE LIKE EXPLORING NEW AREAS/OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES/MUSEUMS/GENERAL SIGHTSEEING. ALSO ANY GOOD RESTAURANT RECOMMENDATIONS AND NICE HOTELS OR INNS.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 07:11 AM

Suggest you start with putting "Seattle" in the search box - numerous relevant threads.

Then review Fodors' own sections (on this very website) on Seattle - plenty there too.

Then look at this website for a comprehensive listing of many relevant items - http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496713

Finally, please don't SHOUT.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 07:39 AM

If you are hoping for summer weather, you may find it here in June, but our summer actually begins in July.

Your questions summarize what is in writers' minds when they sit down to write guidebooks.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 07:45 AM

I like to visit the islands-like vashon. There was a great "hostel" there and they had bikes and stuff. You could stay in a tpee-covered wagon or in a log cabin. In the morning they had a make it yourself pankake breakfast. he staff was always very helpful I'm not to big of a city bug but thought the "Crapper" toilet museum was unique. Also pikes place market
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 12:55 PM

Assuming you mean Vancouver in Canada, eh? (There is also a Vancouver down south in Washington).

With only 1 week, I would stay in Seattle and take a couple day trips to the surrounding countryside. I like Whidbey Island (stay at the Captain Whidbey Inn). And Snoqualmie Falls (Salish Lodge & Spa). Plus one day out in Woodinville at the wineries with dinner at the Herbfarm.

Hotels in downtown Seattle I suggest: Inn at the Market, Hotel Andra, The Mayflower Park Hotel, Sorrento, or Alexis.

Restaurants in downtown Seattle I suggest: Etta's Seafood, Assagio's Italian, the bar at the Pink Door for cocktails, Campagne and Cafe Campagne.
Old Apr 11th, 2006, 01:16 PM

We spent three days last summer in Seattle and found that time frame to be enough. BTW and FYI all caps = shouting. Cheers, Larry