Seattle downtown Holiday Inn

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 5th, 2003, 09:18 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bid on Priceline for a 3 star downtown hotel in Seattle and got the Holiday Inn, Downtown location on Dexter Ave. Has anyone stayed here? Is it close to the main downtown attractions?
Old Aug 5th, 2003, 10:45 PM

Looks like it is at the very northern edge of downtown, on the north side of Denny Way. I stayed at the Best Western very close to there (also with Priceline) last February. It's not the best location you could hope for but far from the worst. You are not in the most exciting area there, but you can walk to the center of downtown fairly easily if you don't mind a little walking - it would be a rather short drive. You are also very near Seattle Center (and the Space Needle), where the monorail stop is, but you might be far enough away from the stop that walking to downtown is not much further.

Andrew
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 11:03 AM

Andrew summed it up pretty well. Ask for a room away from Aurora (Highway 99). Also, the place is pretty close to Seattle Center (Space Needle, Experience Music Project, etc.), the lower Queen Anne neighborhood (good movie house, restaurants, groceries) and has a decent looking Asian restaurant downstairs.
Old Aug 6th, 2003, 11:32 AM

I've stayed there. Pretty basic place - our room was pretty big. The asian restaurant was very good in my opinion. It's in a little bit of a wierd spot - but pretty close to everything.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 02:37 PM

I stayed there last summer. It was in a weird spot, but walking distance, at least for me, from everything downtown. It was very nice hotel and we had a good sized room. Enloy your stay.
Old Aug 7th, 2003, 04:37 PM

Just thank goodness you didn't get the Hilton in Seattle. The rooms were downright horrible when we stayed there about two years ago--and severly overpriced for what we got! I'm glad it was only for an overnight before flying out and I had Chris Rock on HBO to take my mind off the room!
Old Aug 8th, 2003, 07:38 AM

We just stayed at the HI Express which is across the alley from the Holiday Inn. I agree with all the posters above. You can walk to Seattle Center or Downtown and the Pan-Asian restaurant was very good. Continental breakfast at the hotel was very good.