Search

Seats for Zumanity?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seats for Zumanity?

I checked the other Cirque threads first to make sure I wasn't asking something that had recently been answered.

We're going to see Zumanity next month in Vegas. We got front row stage left (row ZZ) tickets. We're not directly behind a loveseat, so we are really in the front row. Is that too close to see everything that's going on?

I know for some of the other shows (especially O), back was better.

Thanks.
Old Jan 2nd, 2007, 08:26 AM

We saw the show last year and sat in the second row. I believe I could see everything (of course, how do you know what you can't see?) The beauty of a show like this is that there is action everywhere around the theatre, not just on the stage; in the seats, in the aisles, in the air... It's fun to be up close to the stage, in my opinion - you might get to be part of the show!
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:12 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for the info.......although I don't know that I'm going to want to be part of the show...

How did you like it? I know it's gotten mixed reviews.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 09:56 AM

Zumanity is good for an adult show but not so good for a Cirque show.

They attempt to appeal to everyone's adult tastes and as such show varying combinations. Some people find this too much for their tastes. Personally I felt it was rather tame and not shocking at all.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 10:56 AM

We had very similar seats to yours and they were fine.
I was nervous about becoming part of the show as well but they "pick" people from all around the audience. I wouldn't worry too much about it.
IMO, I didn't find the show shocking. It was art. Far more shocking things are on TV on a daily basis.
Old Jan 3rd, 2007, 11:06 AM

We sat in a front-row loveseat last year - had no problems seeing all the action. We were also nervous about being "part of the show", and in fact, were approached several times. It was all in good fun, and even my VERY shy DH had no problem with it (and I ended up w/ a couple of VERY funny polaroids!).

The performers are also very sensitive to folks who may not want to participate - at the very end of the show, they pull people up on stage (I won't ruin the suprise of what for), and the performer started to approach me to pull me up. I just shook my head "no", and he moved right on to the next person. I don't think anyone else even noticed.

One funny story about Zumanity - friends of ours from India made a trip to Vegas last year w/ some family, and decided they wanted to see a Cirque show. Not knowing what it was about, our friend ended up seeing Zumanity sitting between his traditional Indian mother-in-law and his sister-in-law. Talk about uncomfortable!!