Search

Sears Tower

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:46 AM
Eileen

Sears Tower

Will be in town for a few hours between trains, and looking for something to do, so I was wondering if it is possible to walk from Union Station over to the Sears Tower. Too far? Can you cross the bridge on foot? Thanks

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Peep

Eileen: Sears Tower is just across the street from Union Station & yes, you can cross the bridges on foot. Exit at either Jackson or Adams Street, cross the bridge and look up - you're there!

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 11:58 AM
chitown

yes, an easy about three-four block walk.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 12:14 PM
xxx

Its more like a block - maybe chitown is thinking of Northwestern Station?

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 12:18 PM
Peep

That's what I thought, too, xxx - that chitown is thinking of Northwestern Station. I used Union Station daily for 10 years & walked right by Sears - it's only a block away.

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 04:53 PM
Susan

This brings back a funny memory. About 14 years ago I moved to Chicago from Wisconsin. I got a job downtown, near Michigan and Jackson.

I took the train in to Union Station on my first day. Having previously only driven in the Loop, when I emerged from the train station I had absolutely no idea which way was up (or East, for that matter), so I decided to just follow the crowd! (It worked!)

Old Sep 13th, 2002, 05:02 PM
Trampled

Susan -

Try walking through that sea of suburbanite humanity that walks east from the commuter train stations in the morning when you're a city rat walking west from the "El". NOBODY will get out of the way - people walk 7 or 8 abreast and take up the entire sidewalk.

Old Sep 14th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Racy

Trampled -- my favorite (I used to work in the Civic Opera House building) was the rainy days when they all had those huge, honkin' golf umbrellas and would practicall poke your eyes out with the spokes...

A city rat,
Racy

Old Sep 17th, 2002, 12:21 PM
Eileen

Thanks everyone for the information, I appreciate it!!