Scottsdale/Phoenix Real Mexican Food

Apr 14th, 2002, 02:38 AM
2gals fromcal

Scottsdale/Phoenix Real Mexican Food

We are going on a party trip and would like to go to a real Mexican place that serves authenic green corn tamales. Any great place in Scottsdale? Thanks.

Apr 14th, 2002, 10:04 PM
steve

I don't know about the green corn tamales, but Los Ollivos in downtown Scottsdale has been run by the Corral family for over 50 yrs. I once saw Barry Goldwater there

Apr 16th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Jeanette

Try one of two things:

1. Take out from The Tamale Man in South Scottsdale

2. Head down to Guadalupe and go to any Mexican restaurant there that has tamales on the menu. You can also get great Mexican seafood there. Guadalupe is only about 15 minutes from Scottsdale.

May 5th, 2002, 11:27 AM
Jack

I agree with Los Olivos in downtown Scottsdale as it has great atmosphere but our number one place for green corn tomales (and try the green Mary-Lou) is Tee Pee Tap room on Indian School and 42 St.

May 5th, 2002, 11:33 AM
Laurie

Try Los Dos Molinos. There are a few different locations. They have very good green corn tamales. It is a fun place. However, all the food is VERY hot so if anyone you are with doesn't like hot food I wouldn't recommend it.

Jun 22nd, 2002, 09:43 PM
Coco

Los dos Molinos is highly rated, but one of my all-time favorites in Scottsdale is "Ajo Al's." There are two locations in the area. There are also Mexican chain restaurants such as El Torito; Garcia's and Macayo's.

Jun 30th, 2002, 09:56 AM
jack

You have had some very good suggestions. My two favorites are TeePee at 42nd Street and Indian School and the Los Olivos in downtown Scottsdale. Both have great green corn tamales.

Jul 25th, 2002, 02:54 PM
sean

To bad new bad new mecixan food is better. green chillie any one If you do responed with my email adrees. Please give me yours