Scottsdale Hotel Waterfront Ivy

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 04:53 PM
carol

Scottsdale Hotel Waterfront Ivy

Can anyone give me some feedback on this hotel? We are heading to The Fiesta Bowl in Jan. to see the Bucks win the National Championship, and hotel choices are really limited. There seems to be a good rate for this one at hotel discounts. I just want to make certain that this hotel isn't a dump. Thank you in advance.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 05:17 PM
Harry

$89.00 during the Fiesta Bowl?
I can't place this hotel in my mind, but that's like a misprint-low rate.
The Courtyard Marriott in downtown PHX is $150 for that time.

Old Nov 25th, 2002, 08:04 PM
Karen

Just looked up this hotel in the new phone book and do not find it and have never heard of it....do you have an address? I can get back to you, if you have more information.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 12:13 PM
Cathy

I believe this hotel is in Scottsdale near Fashion Square Mall, on Chapparral just East of Scottsdale Rd. I never have stayed there. It looks basic on the outside and the "waterfront" is the canal. Pretty good location.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 05:21 PM
carol

Thanks for responding. It is in the 4000 block on Chaparral, just as the previous poster said. It is a Hawthorne Suites property.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 07:30 AM
Betty

We have stayed at the Hotel Ivy Waterfront for the last two years it is in a good area the room we had was nice it had about 6 pools along the complex they have a hot breakfast with bacon one day and sausage the next they have free pop in the lobby all the time also they had a nightly cocktail hour from 6-8 with beer and wine. The hotel looks like a apartment complex that they changed into the hotel. We had the 2 bedroom unit with a sofa sleeper it had 3 tv 1 in each room and 1 in the living room area.

Old Nov 27th, 2002, 08:46 AM
xxx

It did used to be an apartment complex. Not a bad location, but not very resort-like. Make sure you rent a car.

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 04:20 PM
Tim

Carol,

I'd suggest you save your money and stay home. No way the Bucks beat the Canes!

I'm looking too, things seem to be filling up fast. I'll email you if I uncover any deals.

Good luck!

Old Nov 30th, 2002, 06:28 PM
carol

Tim,
We did book this hotel, so we are set. I am a huge Ohio St. fan-we haven't won the National Championship since '68(when I was in first grade). Miami is certainly a strong opponent and will be heavily favored if they beat Va Tech. We have played an incredible season, considering we weren't picked to win anything. Go Bucks!

Old Apr 22nd, 2003, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Carol,

I am curious as to how you liked this hotel. This came up on one of my searches for Scottsdale hotels as we are planning a trip in May.

By the way, weren't the Bucks absolutely awesome??!!! We live in Ohio and we were just totally thrilled at the outcome of the game!!!
Susan