Search

Santa Fe Dress Code

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 12:53 PM
E.

Santa Fe Dress Code

I would like to know, on my poor husband's behalf, if he needs to pack a jacket and tie for our trip to Santa Fe next month. We'd like to go to a couple of the nicer restaurants in town for dinner. Would just a jacket suffice, with dark slacks, or should he wear the tie as well? Surely he won't need a suit, right? Please help, I'd hate to drag along clothes we won't wear!

Old Apr 29th, 2002, 02:16 PM
David

E,

Santa Fe is a pretty casual town and chances are you won't see many ties on men (unless they're the bolo variety). That said, though, the casual clothes that many wear there are very expensive casual clothes: designer jeans, expensive leathers and suedes, etc...

This is not to say that people don't dress well there (they do!) but you aren't going to see as many evening gown/suit combinations at night. Your husband may feel more comfortable in a jacket at some restaurants (although I don't think jackets are required anywhere in Santa Fe) but he certainly doesn't need a tie if he'd rather not wear one.

Hope this helps,

Davidcs

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 02:00 PM
E.

Thanks so much, David! We'll pack a jacket for him. Now, I know this topic has been done to death here, but do you have a favorite restaurant to recommend? (It doesn't sound hard to find good food in Santta Fe...)

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 03:09 PM
David

E,

There is a lot of great food in Santa fe. Some of our favorites are:
1. Inn of The Anasazi--Amazing
2. Pasqual's (very casual but great for any meal)
3. El Farol-- tapas, paella and Flamenco dancing
4. SantaCafe--Innovative and daring menu (although I've heard it may not be as good as it once was)
5. Geronimos--great place!
6. Dragon Room--for magaritas
7. La Plazuela --in the Hotel La Fonda, great atmosphere, good south-Mexican cuisine

Let me know if I can be of more help.

Davidcs

Old Apr 30th, 2002, 08:50 PM
deb

E.

Can't imagine needing a jacket or tie anywhere in Santa Fe. We had a great dinner at Tulips this weekend. El Encanto is a fairly new place and we enjoyed it immensely. Innovative Mexican food (NOT New Mexican) in a gorgeous historic building. Check it out and be sure to get the calamari appetizer!

Old May 1st, 2002, 08:43 AM
E.

Thanks again, David, and thank you, deb! I know we'll have a great time, and I'll post here when we return.