santa barbara hotels

Search

santa barbara hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 08:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
santa barbara hotels

Coming to Santa Barbara for the first time with my 2 kids, 8 and 10. Looking for a nice hotel on or very close to a beach? Any recommendations? I've been looking at the web sites of Fess Parker's Double Tree, Radisson Hotel, Hotel Oceana, The Inn at East Beach, Santa Barbara Inn and Harbor View Inn but I'm open to others.

thanks
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:31 AM

Definately the Harbor View Inn. It's expensive, but right accross the street from the pier and East Beach. A few blocks away from State street shopping, and an immaculate hotel with large, upscale rooms with a beautiful pool area. We loved it and are going back this June.
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 11:53 AM

The Cabrilla Inn at the Beach is right across the street from the beach - great location. It is not as upscale as some of the hotels that you listed, but for it's location, the pricing is much better. The rooms are nice. We have stayed there many times with our 2 kids and have loved it. It does book up during the summer fairly quickly, so don't know if you can get a reservation at this point. On their website you can also check out vacation villas (2 bd/2 bath) that you can rent by the week which are right next door, but have pool access at the Cabrilla Inn. www.cabrillo-inn.com
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 05:11 PM

tjessop, my wife,daughter and mother-in-law stayed at fess parkers double tree just last week and loved it. FPK
Old Jun 4th, 2004, 03:50 AM
jd

Another vote for the Harborview. Nice rooms, location and pool. Ask for the top floor, and the rooms will have cathedral ceilings.
Old Jun 7th, 2004, 01:10 PM

My first choice is Santa Barbara Inn, next Oceana, Harbor View then Fess Parker's. My son was just married in SB in April, our guests used all these hotels. No complaints!
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 07:40 AM

We are staying at The Inn at Spanish Garden. It got top 5 star reviews on Tripadvisor website. The rooms have fireplaces, and they serve breakfast. It is supposed to be spectacular.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 02:04 PM
lvk

We stayed at the Fess Parker with our two kids and enjoyed it. Across the street from the beach. We walked to restaurants, to the wharf and downtown. You can also rent bikes or other wheeled vehicles right from the property.