Santa Barbara Hotel 4 Anniversary

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 08:45 AM
Mass

Santa Barbara Hotel 4 Anniversary

I am trying to decide between the Fess Parkers Doubletree and the Hotel Oceana. This is our first time to Santa Barbara and our one year anniversary. We are not big on bed and breakfast places. If anyone has comments on these two hotels can you please pass it along as well as any other places in SB. Would like to be on the beach and are going the last week in August. Thanks for any advice.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:45 AM
M

Didn't stay there, but walked through the grounds and ate breakfast at the Fess Parker Doubletree. I thought it was very nice, elegant, beautiful. It is a pretty long walk into the main part of town - this is both good & bad. There is a beach area across the street, which is nice.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 05:43 PM
mare

The Harbor View Inn is beautiful. Fess Parkers is nice, but big and sprawling and a bit generic. Nothing in SB is right on the beach, they are all across from the beach. Not sure about the new Oceana however.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 07:11 PM
kam

El Encanto would be my choice in Santa Barbara for an anniversary.

Old Jul 18th, 2002, 10:32 PM
Coco

Hi Mass,
Stayed at Fess Parker Doubletree last September for a few days. It is a very large sprawling beautiful piece of property, great location, right across from the beach. The walk along the beach is very beautiful and scenic with green grass and palm trees. Rooms very nice with outside patios; free parking is right closeby, just outside your room, if P. lot not too crowded. Drawback: It is quite a distance from the town. August should be a nice time to visit. Be prepared for some fog in the early morning hours but it subsides at least by noon.
Enjoy your trip.
Coco

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 12:14 AM
murray gray

harbour view inn is a great location and really nice .i just booked a night in october @$250 but i still think its worth it