Sanibel for families

Old Mar 17th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sanibel for families

My family is thinking about vacationing in Sanibel the week between Christmas and New Years. First, what is the weather like around that time? Any good condo/house recommendations (and who to book thru)? We want to get a 3 bedroom. There's 8 of us - 4 adults, 4 kids (ages 2-6). Thanks
Old Mar 18th, 2004, 01:41 PM

Check out www.royalshell.com.

There is a woman there named Debi Craig(I think) and she will help you find a suitable place.

If you want to rent directly through a condo owner, check out www.vrbo.com. I think that they list a lot of Sanibel properties.

Good luck.

Old Apr 20th, 2004, 05:51 AM

We like to stay at Blind Pass condos on Sanibel. They offer 3 bedroom rentals. The condos are not located directly on the beach. To get to the beach you have to walk thru the complex, over a boardwalk, and then onto the beach. It's a lovely walk but can be long when carrying numerous items to or from the beach. The condos are nice, clean, and kid friendly, and there's a pool in the middle of the complex. For the time of year you're interested in, I can't comment on the weather.
Old Apr 20th, 2004, 08:34 AM

South Seas Plantation is another nice choice...not sure if its Sanibel or Captiva. We have stayed there many times and love it.
Old Apr 21st, 2004, 06:16 PM

Sundial might be a good option for you. I believe they have 3 bedroom condos. They also have activities for the kids. The pools can be a little crowded, but I've heard that families like it.

Another alternative is to rent a house on Captiva. I believe www.royalshell.com is the best way to find them. On Sanibel, houses rent for a minimum of a month.

I've heard lots of good things about Blind Pass Condos. I love the beach and also the walkways to the beach from the condos. In the morning and the evening, the small canal between the condos and the beach is full of life. Gators, birds galore. One of my favorite spots on Sanibel!
Old Apr 24th, 2004, 06:15 PM

Try Hilton Grand Vacation Club, They manage a lot of properties in the area. As far as the weather, ????? it runs from A to Z. I've lived here for 40 yrs. & I've seen from the mid 80's to 17 on Christmas of 89. Generally it is nice, just look @ the NE & add 30 to 50 degrees. Also depends on how many northerners come down & let the cold air out of their cars. Ha!
Old Apr 25th, 2004, 04:50 PM

If you consider Captiva, instead of Sanibel, try contacting Elaine at American Realty of Captiva. URL: http://www.captiva-island.com

Our families have rented several homes from them and the service and selection is very good.

Andrea