San Francisco Hotels for family in April

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:09 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you easytraveler for your response to my posting. I could not make a reply to the posting for some reason; therefore, I am creating a new posting. Your suggestions were helpful and we will stay at a hotel in Fisherman's Wharf. My husband and I love good food so your suggestions for dinner were appreciated too! Any other suggestions for good seafood? My children are good and healthy eaters, and we like to eat at places that have local chefs. I copied my original posting below for any new responses. Thank you!

My family and I (husband, children ages 8 and 9) will be in San Francisco in April. We are looking for a safe, convenient hotel. We would be willing to pay up to $225 per night. We will be there approximately four days, and want to have convenience to the cable cars, the art museum, Chinatown, Fisherman's Wharf, good restaurants, etc. We will probably take a trip to Muir Woods, too. We will have a car, but see ourselves taking public transportation most of the time while in the city. I have been to San Francisco three times, but the last was about 10 years ago. I was thinking about our staying at the Argonaut (Kimpton Group). I have concerns about some of the postings that stated that Union Station area may not be the safest at night so I was looking at hotels near Fisherman's Wharf. My concerns are coming home from dinner at 9:00 or 10:00 p.m., with children. Any suggestions? Thank you in advance!

Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:24 AM
Kal

Alohaa mosey,
While we've never had a prob with a UnSq location the Argonaut is at The Cannery/FishWharf and may be a better location for the kids. Nice place. I'd like to stay there. You're just a short cable car ride to UnSq.

We're coming down in late March and got the *** FW Sheraton for $60/night thru Priceline.
Ciao for niao.
Kal
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 08:44 AM

Hi, mosey!

I don't know what happened to your original thread and I can't remember what all I wrote back then! Lo!

Glad the info was of some help!

If you need more recommendations, I would suggest doing a search on this forum. There has been tons written on San Francisco.

Generally, on restaurants, I've used recommendations from SAB, dovima, PamSF, razzledazzle and others. They are excellent in their recommendations.

So is Kal, BTW. He tends to be very humorous as well.

In the "Search" box above, just type in "restaurants San Francisco" or "SF restaurants" and you'll get a lot of information. Some will be divided by district, which is very helpful. If you still don't find what you want, please come back and I'm certain others will help you. This is an incredibly friendly and helpful forum.

I've just thought of a couple of other things: go to the Metreon (Fourth and Mission), it's a Sony facility and has all sort of things to interest little kids and big kids (like Dads). Techno-gadget heaven! Round the corner, not too far away is Lulu's on Folsom. Great pizza and chicken place for kids and nice wine selection for the adults. I myself tried Lulu's after a recommendation received on this forum.

Well, have fun! And come back!
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 03:35 PM

I just responded to the original thread, which was up toward the top.
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 03:59 PM

Yo, Kal! Did you remember to ask if your room at the Sheraton has a CLOSET?

Mosey, there are at least two ways to find
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 04:06 PM

...as I was saying before the message jumped the gun and posted, was that there're two ways to find former posts. If you click on your name at the top of a message (just after the word "Authorquot;) or if you click on your name way up at the left hand side of the page, all your posted messages will appear on the left.
Old Feb 24th, 2004, 04:48 PM

We liked the location of the Argonaut but were there without a car. I think their parking is expensive.