San Francisco Hotel area question

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6th, 2006, 04:05 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I are traveling to San Francisco for a weekend trip. We are trying to Priceline a hotel. What area do you think would be best area for a hotel? Union Square East, Union Square West, or Fishermans Wharf. We want to do the touristy things in the area so we want to be close to a lot. Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 04:42 PM

Fisherman's Wharf is nearby Ghiradelli Square, Pier 39 shopping, cable cars, the ferry dock for Alcatraz, Sausalito, Tiburon and bay tours. Union Square is nearby shopping and the Bart Line and a long walk to the Terminal building. If you haven't done SFO before, I would stay in one of the Fisherman's Wharf hotels.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 04:57 PM

imo fisherman's wharf has so much to offer you can also go to chrissy field and bay beach along with the other sites mentioned. there are other threads to give you info on hotels. my last visit was to the argonaut. it is right near ghiridelli and across the street from wharf area. excellent location. nice hotel. afternoon free wine party for guests every day.
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 05:33 PM

Hi mchaney, when you say you want to do touristy things what activities or sights are you especially interested in?
Old Oct 6th, 2006, 05:41 PM

Good question, LoveItaly. If your idea of touristy things is buying t-shirts and souveniers, and seeing Ripley's and Alcatraz, then Fisherman's Wharf is ideal. If your idea of touristy things is the art museums, eating at the Ferry Building, upscale shopping, and seeing some theatre, opera, or concerts, then either of the Union Square locations would be better.