Search

San Francisco

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9th, 2004, 05:07 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Francisco

I'm looking for a nice Italian restaurant to eat at on Valenties day with my boyfriend. we're staying at the Columbus Motor in near north point, and somewhere near there (for walking distance) would be good, but any suggestions are welcome. I'm looking for something not too expensive (no more than $15-20 per plate).

Any other suggestions for things to do? We'll be there on the 14th, 15th and 16th, and would like to do some stuff and make our time there worthwhile. We're not huge on walking a lot, and have a pretty limited budget, but would love to do some interesting and memorable things. Thanks ahead of time
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 01:37 PM

What kinds of things do you enjoy doing--museums, shopping, sightseeing?
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 01:45 PM

From your hotel it's a short walk to North Beach where you will find one Italian restaurant after another for several blocks. Many have the menus posted outside. I'm sure you can just walk along and pick a fine one. My favorite is Pinocchios.

Be sure to get out on the Bay while you are here. Hopefully the great weather we have today will continue through the weekend. Take a ferry to Sausalito for lunch and then ferry back. The views from the water are very special.

Have fun!
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 02:09 PM
jenifer

We were just in SF last weekend and loved our meal at Macaroni Sciue Sciue on Columbus, just south of Jackson. As Underhill said, just walk through North Beach and you'll find plenty to choose from. Our meal cost about $100 for three (incl. tax and tip), but that included 4 total glasses of wine and three a la carte salads. Main dishes (pastas) were in the $8-$12 range. Meats were more, and everything is a la carte.

There's lots of fun stuff to do in SF. If you do a search here, you'll find many. One great post - something like "Free Days in San Francisco" gives a very long list of wonderful ideas. It's a good place to start, along with the city guide to SF right here at fodors.

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 10:00 PM

North Beach is great--I would make reservations ow, though as it will be busy!
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 04:00 PM

Rose Pistola, in North Beach, gets consistently good ratings.
Old Feb 12th, 2004, 07:45 PM

I really like Panta Rei - great, casual, reasonably priced, good sized portions, very homemade italian.

They do NOT take credit cards, they are a cash only place. See a review at http://www.sfweekly.com/issues/2002-...l/1/index.html