Search

San Diego questions

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 07:29 AM
Em

San Diego questions

Hello
My partner and I are considering visiting san diego next yr probably in apr/may.
We are probably going to do a package deal as this is generally better value esp as we will be hiring a car, but of course this limits our choice of hotels. The two we are considering are Bahia Resort and Humphreys Half Moon - which would you stay at and why? I gather they are in different areas of san diego - could anyone tell me about them? Would like to be in reach of restaurants etc in the evening. Any help would be appreciated, - I am from the UK and have never visited San diego.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 07:45 AM
Joe

If you want to be near "restaurants, etc", you should stay downtown/gaslamp area. Humphrey's is close to airport, which is close to downtown, but parking downtown is tight in the evenings. The Bahia is on Mission Bay which would not be my choice unless you want to be close to the beach.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 09:00 AM
Janet

If those were the only two choices I would pick the Bahia. On the bay, a little over a block to boardwalk, ocean and restaurants to walk to. It is a good location if you have any more choices post them and we'll get back to you.

Old Oct 13th, 2002, 10:08 AM
Lori

Em,
Assuming you will have a rental car it would be wise to check with the hotel directly to see what the parking charges are. Many hotels in the beach areas of San Diego are now tacking on an additional $10-15 a day for parking (not valet parking, just parking!). This was always free in the past. It can be an unpleasant surprise to visitors to find this out upon checkin.

Old Oct 15th, 2002, 07:36 AM
x

bahia would be my choice.
humphreys is a nice hotel but it is in a location where you have to drive a ways to get anywhere. at the bahia, you can walk to the beach, there is a nice walk around the bay area, very close to sea world if you're going there...more action & restaurants to choose from.