Search

San Deigo Zoo and Sea World

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2008, 04:14 AM
das
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Deigo Zoo and Sea World

We are looking for a mid-priced hotel that would be centrally located to the San Deigo Zoo and Sea World. We are in our 30's and visiting in August. Thanks for any help you can give.
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:28 AM

I would try Old Town, Hacienda Suites. They are o.k. There is also hotel circle, which holds many mid priced hotels. If you go on expedia.com and put in the circle you will see all the hotels. If you are looking for a personal recommendation check www.tripadvisors.com I am hoping you will have a car for you will need one. Have fun S.D is a great city!
Old May 18th, 2008, 07:10 AM

Not sure what mid-priced would mean dollar wise to the OP...

Centrally located..anywhere downtown, Gaslamp, Mission Bay, Point Loma, HArbor Island, Shelter Island..you pretty much need a car

You could stay in Coronado too..as long as you avoid am pm traffic across the bridge

Downtown try Embassy suites. (you will pay for parking) Across street from Seaport Village, walkable or pedicab to Gaslamp. Ask for BAy water view. I like this location best as it is not far from Seaworld, airpot, Zoo and you are close enough to go to Gaslamp restaurants, and see some of the downtown sights, take foot ferry to Coronado (altho you would prob need to take a cab to downtown Coronado or the Hotel Del).

Sheraton HArbor Is & Marina has specials is on the water..ask for water views

Point Loma has lots of smaller chain hotels but unless you are seriously looking for budget I like theese 2 new ones:

Liberty Station Homewood Suites or Courtyard by Marriott (parking free)

Shelter Is Best Western (rec by Seaworld San Diigo Packages) nice on the water Bay in a park like seting ask for Bay/city views: lots of planes, ships and the city at sunset views...San Diego relaxing, with a car... free parking ion street)
(BTW look at Humphreys By the BAy outdoor Concert schedule if just the 2 of you)

Hilton on Mission BAy is nice park/tropical setting but would need a car (can park on street but not convienent) if want to go anywhere dining off resort area..close to Seaworld with Bay views
MAybe this will help some

Maybe this will get you started
Old May 18th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The hotels in Mission Valley, and Hotel Circle is in Mission Valley, ar the most centrally located for the two places you mention. There is a big price range. Some of the less expensive hotels have free parking - a big plus if you can find it.

It would be helpful if you would let us know what "mid-priced" means to you.
Old May 18th, 2008, 11:54 AM

On another thread someone found, what looked to be a good deal, on this hotel: Homewood Suites at Liberty Station. It is centrally located and near the airport too.
I don't know if you would consider this "mid priced".
I haven't stayed here as I live in SD. Enjoy your trip.
Old May 18th, 2008, 03:33 PM
das
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick responses. It gives me an idea where we want to stay and the suggestions are great.
Thanks again.
Old May 18th, 2008, 04:52 PM

I third the hotels at Liberty Station. Plus there are new places to eat like Sammy's Woodfire Pizza nearby that are reasonable. Also check out the Park Manor Suites. It is closer to the Zoo but I know some people have enjoyed them. Of course you can try priceline. Just check biddingfortravel.com before you bid.