Search

San Diego Nightlife

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26th, 2005, 12:42 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Diego Nightlife

A coule friends and I are planning a trip to San Diego in September. We are looking for a lot of beach time, and a lot of bar/club time too. Where do you think would be the best place to stay? We are not really interested in posh luxury, though we don't want to stay in a dump either. Would it be more fun to stay at the beach and commute to the clubs, or to stay in the Gaslamp district and commute to the beach?
Old Jul 26th, 2005, 01:29 PM

I as faced with this same decision on a recent trip to San Diego and in the end opted to stay in the Gaslamp District.

I was glad with this choice and it was great to have all the bars/clubs on the doorstep in the evening to avoid any hassle of getting home some distance after a night out. Then in the daytimes (and because we had a car) it was easy to get around to all the different parts of the city. We travelled to various places each day and so found the car very useful but bear in mind hotels may charge for parking.
Old Jul 27th, 2005, 10:45 PM

Lots of young people like the night life in Pacific Beach. September sometimes brings our warmest days, so you might enjoy being near the beach. I live here so sorry don't know a specific hotel, can only tell you about the areas.

Old Jul 28th, 2005, 04:15 AM

scooby3r

Ocean Park Inn may meet your needs located directly on the beach and within walking distance to lots of places - www.oceanparkinn.com

Look at www.sandiego.org the official visitor site for lots of information, including a search of where to stay by location.

Good luck and enjoy beautiful San Diego.

Sandy
Old Jul 28th, 2005, 07:32 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I agree with Where2Travel. Stay close to the Gaslamp if that's where you will be partying and drive to the beach. This also makes it easier for you to try different beaches.