Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Does The Breakers in Palm Beach Have A Shuttle?

Jul 25th, 2005, 10:34 AM
Original Poster

We are not going to rent a car while staying at the Breakers in Palm Beach, but do wonder if they have a shuttle to town?

We have a 3 year old and don't want to have to lug the car seat all over if we don't have to. If we take a cab, we will, but on a shuttle, I don't think (hope) it is not necessary.

Thanks.
Jul 25th, 2005, 11:30 AM
GoTravel

I don't recall a shuttle to the airport or anywhere else but that doesn't mean they don't have one.

I'd call the resort.

Jul 25th, 2005, 12:19 PM

The only shuttles I know of are for getting to the golf course. To get to town you'd take a cab.
Jul 26th, 2005, 04:21 AM

I stayed there two weekends ago and they had a shuttle to their in town restaurant (Echo) that many use to shop, etc. I'd call the concierge to see what the parameters for use are.

Echo is a very chic Asian restaurant. I thought it very un-Breakers and I think that is one of the reasons it is off the resort property. Breakers is still pretty old school Palm Beach and very family oriented.

Spa was so-so, much to my surprise. LMF
Jul 27th, 2005, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

Hi LilMsFoodie,

Did you rent a car or use taxis to get to town? They say they have a service they use, but it is a limo service, which I am not sure we really need to get to town. Also, is Worth Avenue close enough to walk to without killing ourselves?
Jul 27th, 2005, 02:45 PM

Tango, I'm not a fair judge as I drive my own car over to Palm Beach from the west coast of Florida.

I would be quite a walk, especially in the summer. I'd use their car service.

LMF
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:18 PM

I stayed at The Breakers a couple of years ago (in February), and there was a shuttle that went into downtown and, then from downtown back ... I used it one day for some shopping. Why don't you call and check if it's still running. I don't think it was The Breakers shuttle specifically, but they will know if one runs to town.
Jul 27th, 2005, 06:30 PM

Not sure when you're going....in the winter months, a walk to Worth Ave is just lovely. In the summer months???? We loved the shuttle to echo, and echo!!
Jul 28th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Original Poster

They don't have a shuttle but recommended a car service that was very expensive just to run to town. I guess we can take cabs. I think I am going to buy a special car seat that turns into a stroller.