San Diego in One Day: Need Advice!

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 11:05 AM
Jen

San Diego in One Day: Need Advice!

I will be taking a day trip to San Diego from Palm Springs over the Xmas holiday. I have been to San Diego one time (about 10 years ago) and my husband has never been there.

What would you recommend are the must-do things in San Diego? We were thinking about going to the Zoo and maybe La Jolla for dinner and walking around.

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 02:58 PM
xxx

The zoo is of course a favorite with most people. It is without a doubt the most fabulous zoo ever. La Jolla for dinner and walking around is also great. Nice shops, quaint upscale town. Other options if the zoo is not your favorite idea, is a visit to Sea Port Village,for sea food shopping, and the Gas Lamp district downtown. Take a Harbor Cruise for 1 hour on the bay. A day at the zoo will certainly take up the day. Also a visit to Old Town, for some history and margarita's along with some Mexican food. Enjoy!

Old Dec 11th, 2002, 03:15 PM
xxx

Also, you can drive over the Coronado bridge and visit Coronado for a romantic walk on the beach in front of Hotel Del Coronoda (which is a must see), and some spectacular views of downtown San Diego.
Depending on your age group and your interests there is also: The Wild Animal Park in Escondido, Sea World, nightlife in the Gaslamp in downtown. But remember its much colder here in SD than in Palm Springs lately!

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 10:01 AM
Terry

If you'd like to see sllot of San Diego, you might consider the hop on/off trolley that they have. You can pick it up in Old Towne. It will take you by most of San Diego's highlights. My favorites are Old Towne, Balboa Park, and Pt Loma all of which are stops on the trolley. It will also take you to Seaport Village, but not sure it will take you to Balboa Island.

Also the harbor cruise idea is a good one, especially if the fleet is in. Usually during the holidays the fleet is in, but with the crisis in the middle east probably not.

Old Dec 12th, 2002, 03:18 PM
x

Balboa Island is in Newport...maybe you mean Coronado Island? If so, that is one of the stops...I think it depends on which trolley you want to take.