Reload this Page >

San Diego in February?

Search

San Diego in February?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:31 AM
Maureen

San Diego in February?

What is the weather like in San Diego in February? We are thinking of a trip in mid-February.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:58 AM
Sandy

Generally, February is our rainiest month, but that doesn't mean too much. We usually don't get more than 1-2 days of rain at a time. Temps usually range anywhere from upper 50's to mid 60's.

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 08:59 AM
xxx

There are many weather sites on the internet where this information can be found. Why can't you do some of your own research??

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 09:39 AM
Pam

Why are people so nasty on this forum? Why is there always a smart remark made by someone??

Old Jul 19th, 2002, 10:08 AM
me

Feb in SD is not as sunny as you might think, but is still better than most of the country at that time of year.

Old Jul 21st, 2002, 07:28 AM
Chris

We usually go to San Diego in late June and July and have always had beautiful weather. This year we went in late April and it was warmer back home in the east. We had rain, cloudy days, and cool (low 60's) temps during the day. Not really beach or pool weather. The locals said it was unusual but that there was a thick marine layer that wouldn't budge. Would only go back now for pleasure in the summer. I heard Feb. was one of the cloudy, dreary months but have no personal experience.I love San Diego but it would not be my first choice for a feb. vacation.Good Luck!

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 06:50 AM
x

january & february can be rainy but as mentioned, they don't get much rain. however, most days would not be beach weather and maybe not even pool weather. if you are coming from a cold climate, it will probably feel wonderful to you but wouldn't be my first recommendation - rates would be good though & you could always head to palm springs for a few nights to get hotter temps.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 07:42 AM
sd

Cold. At least to me but I grew up here. This is the month when we vacation to Hawaii. Sunny days are in the low to mid 60's. Rainy days in the low 50's. Nightime lows on a clear night drop to the low 40's and high 30's. On the plus side it's the lowest season for tourists so getting a hotel or restaurant reservation is never a problem. This Feb may be a litle different because the Superbowl is scheduled for the first or second week of February. It will be crowded with press people and you won't get any deals until the week after.

Old Jul 22nd, 2002, 08:00 AM
Barbara

The Superbowl is scheduled for January 26, 2003. Other than that, sd's comments are pretty accurate. As there is an El Nino, we're hoping for more rain than usual.