San Diego Hotel with 2 boys 10 and 12

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 5th, 2005, 04:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello everybody. I'm planning a trip with my kids to SD, we're doing sea world, gaslamp dining, sea port village..the zeus and the parks. I need a reasonable place to stay that's in the center of it all.
i'm not computer savy in trying to come up with the best ways to search for prices.
But I have come up with these hotels, if anybody has ever stayed in them, can you share your experiences? I've made a budge of no more than 150 a night for hotel only.
We're leaving on 6/30 Thurs and staying till July 3rd Sun. I might also check out the Padres schedule to see if i can get my boys to a game, they're 10 and 12. Any feed back would be wonderful. The hotels i've narrowed down are:

The Bristol
500 West
Hotel Solamar
Catamaran
Westin Horton

Also, i've heard about the Fish Market on Harbor drive, is that within a reasonable amount of distance?

Old May 5th, 2005, 05:13 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Your sons will probably enjoy the Catamaran best. It's on Mission Bay and across the road from Pacific Beach.

The Fish Market is a short stroll from Seaport Village, next to the Midway museum. Your boys might find that interesting too.
Old May 5th, 2005, 09:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Another vote for the Catamaran. Have fun!!
Old May 6th, 2005, 09:31 AM
ltt

catamaran
Old May 6th, 2005, 04:17 PM

Try the Bahia in Mission Bay - right near the beach and amusement park. You don't want to stay in the city
Old May 6th, 2005, 06:43 PM
cnn

My vote is for the Bahia. There is lots of actitives for parents and kids. Guest at the resort can enjoy complimentary boat trips on the Bahia Belle steamboat. In the evening there is dancing and music. During the day boats and bike rentals are available. The resort has a rec center, tennis courts and backs up to the sandy beaches of Mission Bay.
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:48 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Tha Bahia Belle travels between the Bahia hotel and its sister resort, the Catamaran. It's free to guests of either hotel.
Old May 7th, 2005, 09:29 PM
TahitiTams

HI..
Bahia or Catamaran are good choices (evanshotels.com) and the bayside is great to ride bikes all the way from the jetty and back oceanside and bayside, direct from either hotel.. Padres on Friday is hat night and Sat is fireworks and they are playing SF Giants..
Mission Valley is a good second choice for the location and they have bargain rates for hotels..you can get a pass for 3 attractions for a cheap..go on the Evanshotel site.. Fish Market is good but it is pricey..eat at the oyster bar..fun and not so pricey..
When you go to a Pad's game eat at Tin Fish.com about a block away..cheap and good! Kids love Mexican food and I would take them to El Indio but any taco shop will do..Expedia.com has been my best bet for the cheapest deals but you need to act quickly..
I would go to La Jolla if you can squeeze it in..Gorgeous.. Have fun and I think you can really have a good time here without breaking the bank..
Have Fun!

Old May 9th, 2005, 08:35 AM

Catamaran - or better still, rent a condo on Mission Bay - you'll probably pray same price. You will be right on the bay and one block from ocean. Perfect. Kids can roller blade, bicycle and enjoy water sports.
Old May 10th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Original Poster

Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions.