Reload this Page >

San Diego CA in the evening with 18 month old. Any outdoor activities

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:24 AM
Jen

What is there to do in the evening hours in San Diego IF you're with a young toddler. Like concerts, for instance.

Thanks,
JC

Old May 8th, 2002, 05:52 AM
Joe

Stroll trough Balboa park and you may get a concert or two from street musicians and/or at the organ pavillion. Also, during the summer months, the SD symphony conducts concerts along Harbor Drive near the Star of India.

Old May 8th, 2002, 06:44 AM
xxx

balboa park is worth checking out. they have free concerts sometimes. go to the zoo. go to the "children's pool" in la jolla and watch the sea lions.
curious, why would you take an 18 month old to a concert? you may be happy but i'm sure everyone around you won't be as the kids trys to waunder, talk, etc.

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:22 AM
Dee

Jen,

Like the other poster, I'm curious, Whywould you bring a small child to a concert. Shouldn't they be in bed by 8:00 or so?

Old May 8th, 2002, 03:49 PM
Jen

For those of you who are curious, my husband and I have no problems having our baby in the stroller asleep for the early part of the evening. I was thinking along the lines of "lawn" concerts, open, standing audience, not formal seating.
I hope I've satisfied your enquiring minds

Jen

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:36 PM
c

Sea World and Wild Animal Park are both open in the evenings during the summer months.

There's a popular outdoor concert location (Humprey's By the Bay) that you might want to check out for evening concerts for the summer:
http://www.humphreysconcerts.com/

During the summer months, some of the local communities also offer outdoor movie nights, as well as concerts. Signonsandiego.com often has the listings of upcoming events.