Search

San Antonio

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16th, 2003, 08:57 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
San Antonio

Can someone tell me about the Hotel Valencia? I have heard the La Mansion is better. Is it?

I need the name of a couple of good steak restraunts and to get some excellent mexican food.

Thanks
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:48 AM

We weren't there for the steak, so I can't speak to that, although we heard good things about the Little Rhein Steakhouse on the riverwalk. For Mexican food we really enjoyed Manduca, which is on the riverwalk across from Boudros.
Old Jun 16th, 2003, 10:51 AM

My favorite Mexican place in San Antone is not on the Riverwalk! It is Tomatillo's and they are on Broadway, just north of downtown. VERY good margaritas, too!
Old Jun 17th, 2003, 06:20 AM

We ate at the Little Rhein Steakhouse in May 2002 and were not disappointed. Nice atmosphere and good food, not inexpensive though so be warned.

Some of the best Mexican we had was in the El Mercado. There are two restaurants owned by the same family (cann't remember their names) located there (check the San Antonio website). Both were excellent.
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 03:10 PM

I have to agree that the Mexican restaurants in El Mercado were the best I had in San Antonio. We ate there twice in 1 week and it was not even near where we were staying. We never had steak while we were there but the County Line BBQ restaurant on the Riverwalk has excellent ribs! I think we ate there at least twice, too!
Old Jul 11th, 2003, 07:15 PM

Mi Tierra was soooooooo good, we eat there everytime and it's at Market Square which is right by the riverwalk, just a trolley away, lol. We eat all over the riverwalk but AVOID The Original Mexican Restaurant-THE WORST EVER!
Old Jul 14th, 2003, 10:51 AM

The Hotel Valencia is brand new and very posh. I have heard great things about it.

The best Mexican restaurants in town are Rosario's, just south of downtown on the corner of St. Mary's and Alamo, and La Fogata, on Vance Jackson between I-10 West and Loop 410 North.

For steak, Little Rhein isn't bad. Also downtown are Bohannon's and Morton's. Ruth's Chris has two locations -- one at Sunset Station, just east of downtown, and one in the Concord Plaza off of 281 North near the airport.
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 12:13 PM

The Hotel Valencia is definitely worth the stay. Right on the river walk, it has a very different atmosphere than any other hotel in San Antonio.

Little Rhein in the River Walk is excellent. La Reve is very close to the Valencia and is considered one of the best in the state.

La Margarita, Rosarios are great mexican food downtown area. La Fogata if you have a car.

(I live in San Antonio)