Search

Salt Lake city

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2006, 03:48 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Salt Lake city

Could anyone suggest a hotel in Salt Lake that is walking distance of the sights and children friendly?( We are going in August)
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:02 PM

Which sights? Downtown SLC is not really a tourist Mecca except for the immediate area around Temple Square. There are a number of hotels in the area around Sixth South (Red Lion, Hyatt, Little America, etc).

One of the main attractions of SLC is the nearby mountains. Park City is an easy drive and there are a number of other areas also close by.

For a child friendly place, you might check out Thansgiving Point, near Orem, about 30 miles south of SLC. I've been with friends and their kids there several times and the kids loved it, especially the dinasour museum.

If you can tell us what you are specifically interested in, we will be able to provide more cogent information.
Old Jan 16th, 2006, 07:30 PM

I stayed at the Little America this fall and loved it. Beautiful hotel. There is a train that runs up and down the main drag that you can get on a block from the hotel.

Google the hotel and look at the rooms. I could not believe how inexpensive the place was. Really, one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at and reasonable to boot.
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 04:44 AM

Oops, make that the Grand America Hotel!
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 07:04 AM

Just for info, the Little America and Grand America are side-by-side on Fifth South.

In my original post, the third paragraph should have read "Thanksgiving Point". And I even proofread it before I posted
Old Jan 17th, 2006, 08:32 AM

We stayed at the Shiloh Hotel. It is a chain that is about 1 step under Marriott quality. They offered free parking & a free hot breakfast. The hotel has laundry facilities, indoor pool, Jacuzzi, sauna, exercise room.