Milwaukee - dangerous areas??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 09:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi - I was planning on taking my teenaged daughter and two friends to a concert at The Rave. I would drop them off there and have dinner or shop while the concert was going on and then go back to pick them up. We were planning to stay overnight at eithr the Executive Inn or the Ambassador Hotel, both of which are located on the 2300 block of West Wisconsin Avenue. One of the parents has raised the question of the safety of the area. I am totally unfamiliar with this locale and would appreciate knowing what sections to steer clear of and whether or not this Wisconsin Avenue area is safe. Also, is The Rave an ok place for 16 year olds to attend a concert? Thanks for any input!
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 10:15 AM

If this is an "under 21" show, they should be fine. I'm not sure I'd let MY kids go to an "open" show at that age but I guess it depends on what the show is.

Hmmm, 23rd and Wisconsin is not the best area of Milwaukee but it is close to the Rave. I'd personally choose something closer to the lake and the east side which is much more upscale. For reference, the farther east and therefore closer to the lake, the lower the W.Wisconsin address.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 03:27 AM

Topping for Zeke, your post simply fell off the first page.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 07:14 PM

The Rave isn't the best (or the worst) area, but they should be fine going to the concert there. As far as staying at the Ambassador, I'd say probably not. Maybe not the Executive either. The Astor Hotel downtown has a great location just a few blocks from the lake and has pretty good rates. I'd stay at the Astor based on location alone. Better safe than sorry.
Old Aug 16th, 2003, 08:59 PM

The Hyatt and the Pfister downtown also have good locations, and there is a new Marriott attached to the Grand Avenue mall, which teenagers might like.
Old Sep 25th, 2003, 04:59 PM

I have a teenage daughter who occasionally attends concerts at the Rave. I grudgingly agree to it... I agree with the above posters. Definitely do not stay at either of the hotels you mentioned. The Pfister is nice and is just a few minutes away, as are the Hyatt and Wyndham. The area around the Rave is just ok.. I would make sure you're there on time to pick them up. It's not actually dangerous, just a bit on the seedy side.. Stay east of it if you want to stay close to downtown.